Motherboard
HP Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook m6-k025dx
CPU
i5-4200U/HM86
Graphics
HD 4400/1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just built a new desktop with a GA-Z77-DS3H, Core i5 3570K, 8GB RAM & repurposed my Radeon HD 5770. I created a Mountain Lion install USB with UniBeast a while ago and have installed from it in VirtualBox. However, on my desktop it gets stuck on "waiting for root device". Is there a guide I'm missing that lists what each BIOS setting should be?

You can reference this thread. The key BIOS change is to configure SATA MODE from IDE to ACHI.

Figured out that issue right after I posted. Used the wrong USB port. However, I already managed to break it with incorrect settings in MultiBeast :(
Its complaining about NullCPUPowerManagement, I installed it but I'm not really sure if I need it....

What do I need to install in order to get power management working correctly?

Figured out that issue right after I posted. Used the wrong USB port. However, I already managed to break it with incorrect settings in MultiBeast :(
Its complaining about NullCPUPowerManagement, I installed it but I'm not really sure if I need it....

You should not need NullCPU - your board supports native OS X power management without it.

You should not need NullCPU - your board supports native OS X power management without it.

Ok, then I'm confused as to what is going on. My CPU fan is spinning up about every 10 minutes for a couple of seconds then drops back down. Only happens in OS X, not Windows.

Are you sure it's not the DVD drive that's spinning up? Do you have Computer Sleep enabled in Settings? For me, I would hear the DVD drive spin up even though nothing was inserted when the Computer Sleep timeout was reached. The system wouldn't sleep until I installed Please Sleep to force sleep mode. Also, make sure you uncheck "Put hard disks to sleep when possible".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back