CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, and thanks Tony for creating this community.

After a successful install, I noticed I can't play videos. I used the DSDT for the F3 BIOS, and checked the same options in MultiBeast as in Tony's guide. I read up on the issue, and I do have the correct options in Chimera. I noticed System Information reported 512MB as VRAM, I set the same in the BIOS. It does not matter what I set it in BIOS, it's always reported as 512MB in Mac OS. I also don't get the 'ripple' in Dashboard. If someone was successful in getting QE working with this mobo and cpu combo, I'd be interested in a step-by-step walkthrough.

Thank you,
Zsolt

Gmtech79 said:
Did you uncheck the setting for "show dashboard as a space" in mission control preferences?
I did uncheck that, but no joy. No ripple in Dashboard, and I get tearing when I drag around windows. VLC quits when trying to play an mp4.

i know you said your machine type is set to Mac Mini, but is it MacMini5,1? also are you using GraphicsEnabler set to Yes?

GA-Z77-DS3H + i5-2405S
same problem as topic starter
NO qE

SG- said:
i know you said your machine type is set to Mac Mini, but is it MacMini5,1? also are you using GraphicsEnabler set to Yes?
Thanks for the reply. I set the machine type in MultiBeast. I gotta figure out how to check if it's 5.1 and how to set it. Thank you.

Zsolt

Mac Mini 5,1 def is under System Definitions.

You should be using GE=NO.

jester969 said:
Mac Mini 5,1 def is under System Definitions.

You should be using GE=NO.
Thanks for your help. It was 5,1 and I just changed GE to No. Now I only get 64 MB VRAM, and only 1024 x 768 resolution. Also, System Information says in the Graphics area: Device ID 0x0122, no kext loaded. So I gotta figure out the device ID. It was correct before, so I gotta try and set it back.

Zsolt

Change it back to GE=YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back