Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First let me start by saying that the information on this site is great..it is nice to have such a good reference database. With that said, I have searched, read and read and read all over which is why I am so baffled at why this won't work. It seems many people have successfully installed Lion or Mountain Lion on the same or similar hardware with ease.

I am attempting to install 10.8 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H with i3-3225. I have tried many methods to install including the UniBeast ML 1.5.3 USB installation. When I boot to the installer I either get kernel panics or do not see my SDD or HDD to install to.

Is there something I am completely over looking? I have installed OS X a number of times on various hardware so even though the concept is not new to me, the installation on the hardware below is.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions anyone has...thank you in advance.

GA-Z77-DS3H
i3-3225 Ivy Bridge
On-board Intel graphics
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G SSD
CORSAIR CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W PSU

First let me start by saying that the information on this site is great..it is nice to have such a good reference database. With that said, I have searched, read and read and read all over which is why I am so baffled at why this won't work. It seems many people have successfully installed Lion or Mountain Lion on the same or similar hardware with ease.

I am attempting to install 10.8 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H with i3-3225. I have tried many methods to install including the UniBeast ML 1.5.3 USB installation. When I boot to the installer I either get kernel panics or do not see my SDD or HDD to install to.

Is there something I am completely over looking? I have installed OS X a number of times on various hardware so even though the concept is not new to me, the installation on the hardware below is.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions anyone has...thank you in advance.

GA-Z77-DS3H
i3-3225 Ivy Bridge
On-board Intel graphics
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G SSD
CORSAIR CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W PSU

BIOS settings - make sure, if using onboard HD4000 graphics that in BIOS, you set:
Init Display First -GFX
Internal Graphics -Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size -64Mb
DVMT -leave default MAX

BIOS settings - make sure, if using onboard HD4000 graphics that in BIOS, you set:
Init Display First -GFX
Internal Graphics -Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size -64Mb
DVMT -leave default MAX

Yes, BIOS settings are and have been set as described above. Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

So I have managed to install Lion but now get infinite reboots after booting. Before reboots, I do not see any kernel panics.
Any additional thoughts?

Uso italiano perchè in inglese non riesco a spiegarmi. Premesso che z77-ds3h con bios default e ahci impostato deve installarsi con unibeast 1.5.3.

Potresti fare un backup da una macchina funzionante e ripristinarlo sul tuo hd, così salteresti i problemi di installazione...

Have tried multiple times, multiple ways to install. After every installation, when trying to boot to new install, machine reboots continuously.
This is very frustrating...thanks for any advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back