Graphics
Intel HD4000 / Gigabyte 670 OC, 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't now if this is a general problem or just a specific one with my mobo rev.1.0+gfx combo, but when I first installed the MSI GTX 660, I couldn't get it to boot - no matter what i did - the display would just stay black, and it never came past the POST. So I i thought the card was broken, but before i returned i checked to see if there were any new BIOS updates...and their were. BIOS F8 was released. I immediately installed it, and voila! Everything worked :)

So just a little heads-up for those of you who have the same mobo+gfx combo :)

I have that combo, and I'm already on the F8 bios, but I still get the grey curtain kernel panic no matter what I do, even when I attempt a fresh install, its driving me crazy, got any other suggestions?

Does this happen before you install the extras with MultiBeast? I was having the same issue with similar HW except I used a GT 640 GPU. For me it was the the whole FakeSMC that was the problem. Try leaving that out. You don't really need it unless you wanna overclock etc.

Anyone having a problem with sleep when the card is in the top pci express slot? When its in the top slot, for whatever reason, the display output does not come back up, yet when it is in the bottom slot everything works all good. Any ideas anyone? Kinda annoying to have it in the bottom slot because it blocks two of the sata ports completely.

Anyone having a problem with sleep when the card is in the top pci express slot? When its in the top slot, for whatever reason, the display output does not come back up, yet when it is in the bottom slot everything works all good. Any ideas anyone? Kinda annoying to have it in the bottom slot because it blocks two of the sata ports completely.

Did you resolved your problem ?
I've exactly the same issue with the GFX in upper slot and no sleep issues (no signal after wake up from sleep) withe GFX in lower slot ?

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back