Graphics
EVGA GTX 670 FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Looks like this board is fairly friendly.

Create Unibeast bootstick.

Install the OS onto an AHCI drive, plugged into the 3GB/sec SATA port (6GB/sec supposedly has issues) - I used an onboard mSATA module which has a 3GB/sec interface and works perfectly.

Install Mountain Lion - for some reason the "Customize install" option during the install is completely blank, irritating as I can't turn off stuff I don't need, but oh well...

Once installed, reboot with USB stick, put the DSDT from the post at the bottom of the first page of THIS thread:

tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - GA-Z77-D3H DSDT

onto your desktop (unzip it so you get the .aml file).

Use Multibeast and run just the "UserDSDT" option and install.

Reboot and you should be in business. I'm using the displayport output on the GTX670 if that makes any difference.

Forget about trying to get audio working, VoodooHDA causes massive crashing for me, don't really care as I'm using a USB soundcard anyway which works perfectly.

I also installed the SSDT from Multibeast for my Ivy Bridge i5, it doesn't cause any crashing but not sure if it's doing anything beneficial. The system seems to be VERY sensitive about Multibeast options. Even trying to enable TRIM support for my SSD causes crashing, all going well there will be a more 10.8-friendly release not too far away.

Works 100%?

I have two of these boards and I dont need a DSDT to get them working fine. My sound doent work properly without a USB Sound Device also. Wakes from sleep, everything, except sound. So I would say 98%, not 100.

See my post here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...success-ivy-cpu-ga-z77-ds3h-2.html#post397478

I have the Z77-DS3H board and I have everything working SMOOOOTH with a GT-520... check my Multibeast Settings pic included ... If we have the same audio chip , select that ... my audio is working sweat... select "built in speakers" not Line-out in sound output preferences.

No DSDT, SSDT or Descriptor file used.

Hope this helps.

Hi! Am planning a build - Can anyone tell me what is the difference between these two MoBos? (and is it critical?) GA-Z77-DS3H and GA-Z77-D3H? The former seems to be well supported but is not readily available in this neck of the woods.

I believe the boards have different audio chipsets. The GA-Z77-DS3H uses the Realtek ALC887 audio chips, while the GA-Z77-D3H uses the VIA 2120 audio chips.

The Realtek chips have better support in OS X.

Can't see discs

I have the same logic card but with a ATI 7950 Graphic card (which does not work :( ), but when I tried to install Mountain Lion on the machine with GraphicsEnable=0 and get into the install I can not see my SSD discs.
I have two Croisair 128GB SSD discs in the machine (One for Widnows and one for Mac OS X) but non of the discs is visible in the installer or Disc utility.

Anyone have any idea why I can't see my SSD?

Check they're set as AHCI not SATA, IDE or RAID.

Hi

The DSDT file that you link to

I don't think there is a way to get at that file
I tried loging in but my account didn't work (perhaps not on the old system or something)
couldn't make the account

Could you make a link to somewhere i can actually get a file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back