Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i just installed mount lion 10.8.3 on Ga z77 D3H F18 1.1rev
the graphic are lagging when i open launch pad
i have i5 2400 n gtx 560 2gb can u help plz

only audio problem now

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm going to start here since this is the thread that perhaps MOST led me astray.

I have a GA-Z77-D3H v1.0 F14 board and stupidly picked an i3-2100 CPU when I was speccing my system over a year ago. Installed Mountain Lion 10.8.0 no problem, but the unsupported HD2000 video was unacceptable for most tasks (i.e. Quicktime wouldn't load videos.)

The system still did what I needed it to and it was mostly a hobby toy; but a year later I ordered an ASUS EN GT210 Silent card for it in the hopes of actually getting accelerated video.

Couldn't tell if the Asus card was working (forgetting the easiest way was just to enable desktop slideshow for every 5 seconds.)

Attempted to use the kexts here to get things working, ended up hosing my install.
Created a new partition and did a clean install of 10.8.0 onto that (was too lazy to pull down a 10.8.5 install and didn't feel like experimenting with 10.9 yet.)

Could tell that graphics acceleration was working by enabling a desktop slideshow and by watching the screensavers run.
Could tell I still couldn't play Quicktime but the error had changed to "Quicktime couldn't open the video file because an error -101 occurred."

Didn't realize that the Z77-D3H has the Via VT2021 audio chip instead of Realtek until last weekend.

Upgraded the second partition to Mavericks.
Realized I had the Via VT2021 audio chipset, so when I ran Multibeast I chose the VoodooHDA 2.7.2.
Didn't want to mess with reinstalling the whole first partition, just used Carbon Copy Cloner to replace everything on the first partition outside of the Users folder with the contents of the second partition.
Now happy with my functional system, only a 15 months in the making.

Can you post the DSDT file for Z77M-D3H :angel: thank you in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back