Status
Not open for further replies.
my specs:

i5 2500k
z77-ds3h
8gb ram
hd3000 (using dvi)
osx 10.8

this is what worked for me (i hear problems regarding boot crashes after multibeast install, i managed to fix mine...)

1.fresh install of ml using unibeast drive
2.in multibeast selected
.userdsdt
.system utilities

audio
.Non-DSDT HDA Enabler ALC887/888b and Patched AppleHDA ALC888b/887 only! no ALC8xxHDA or AppleHDA Rollback for this board!

network
.maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet

i did not select anything else, no definition or anything just this....

ejected my unibeast drive and restarted, but crashes after apple logo. i could still boot into safe mode using the unibeast drive but not straight from hard disk without crashing.

to fix this i booted into ML using my unibeast drive and ran multibeast again, selecting...

.System Utilities
.GraphicsEnabler=No
.IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (i think this has something to do with making the mac see your hdd's as internal drive's, i dont think this is what fixed the boot problem)

.FakeSMC
.NullCPUPowerManagement

(these last two are important i think, pretty sure this is what fixed my boot crashes)

i just used these settings (i didn't repeat any from the first mutibeast install) and my ML drive now boots without the usb. the first time it booted EVERYTHING worked fine, audio, network, HD3000 @ 1920x1200. but i noticed that in system profiler the HD3000 was reading at 384mb or something similar (not 512mb anyway). i wanted to change this so i restarted, went into bios and changed the onboard gpu memory from 64mb to 480mb. BIG MISTAKE! now my system says

'Display 64 MB of Shared System Memory graphics'

and i cant change from 1024x768.

ive gone back and changed the settings back but no luck, i have a fully function hack apart from the HD3000....any suggestions?

my specs:

i5 2500k
z77-ds3h
8gb ram
hd3000 (using dvi)
osx 10.8

this is what worked for me (i hear problems regarding boot crashes after multibeast install, i managed to fix mine...)

1.fresh install of ml using unibeast drive
2.in multibeast selected
.userdsdt
.system utilities

audio
.Non-DSDT HDA Enabler ALC887/888b and Patched AppleHDA ALC888b/887 only! no ALC8xxHDA or AppleHDA Rollback for this board!

network
.maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet

i did not select anything else, no definition or anything just this....

ejected my unibeast drive and restarted, but crashes after apple logo. i could still boot into safe mode using the unibeast drive but not straight from hard disk without crashing.

to fix this i booted into ML using my unibeast drive and ran multibeast again, selecting...

.System Utilities
.GraphicsEnabler=No
.IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (i think this has something to do with making the mac see your hdd's as internal drive's, i dont think this is what fixed the boot problem)

.FakeSMC
.NullCPUPowerManagement

(these last two are important i think, pretty sure this is what fixed my boot crashes)

i just used these settings (i didn't repeat any from the first mutibeast install) and my ML drive now boots without the usb. the first time it booted EVERYTHING worked fine, audio, network, HD3000 @ 1920x1200. but i noticed that in system profiler the HD3000 was reading at 384mb or something similar (not 512mb anyway). i wanted to change this so i restarted, went into bios and changed the onboard gpu memory from 64mb to 480mb. BIG MISTAKE! now my system says

'Display 64 MB of Shared System Memory graphics'

and i cant change from 1024x768.

ive gone back and changed the settings back but no luck, i have a fully function hack apart from the HD3000....any suggestions?

Dude this thread is about Z77-D3H which is using VIA2021 chip not yours Z77-DS3H which is using Realtek chip...

Dude this thread is about Z77-D3H which is using VIA2021 chip not yours Z77-DS3H which is using Realtek chip...

oops my bad.....

Hello!
I have the same mb and my sound is work. I attached the archive, which contain 2 kexts and dsdt.aml file.
How i have to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back