1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Partial SOLVED]Ga-Z77-D3h and no Audio

Hi all!
I've installed ad the first try my wonderful hakintosh thanks to this site :D

but now, some question, there is not a DSDT file for my Gigabyte Z77-D3H, so, how can i do the audio works?

I used Multibeast but i'm really a noob and in two cases i had to reinstall everything because my hacktosh goes on kernel panic at startup, so now i'm a little scared ad i ask your help :)

Thanks very much!

The audio chip on the Z77-D3H is not supported. Try VoodooHDA (which is not really recommended) or buy a cheap soundcard.

The audio chip on the Z77-D3H is not supported. Try VoodooHDA (which is not really recommended) or buy a cheap soundcard.

I have tried with last voodoo but i get another kernelpanic at startup so i reinstalled all from scratch :(

Where is the better place to look for further updates that maybe makes my soundboard compatible?
Ther is a site with a simple interface where i can look every day hoping in a solution?

Thanks

Hello!
I have the same mb and my sound is work. I attached the archive, which contain 2 kexts and dsdt.aml file.

Attachments

• VIA VT2021.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 373
I have tried with last voodoo but i get another kernelpanic at startup so i reinstalled all from scratch :(

You have to delete the AppleHDA.Kext before installing the voodooHDA 2.7.3 kext
Even if you get a KP at start up you should be able to boot with boot flags -v -x -f -s

Hello!
I have the same mb and my sound is work. I attached the archive, which contain 2 kexts and dsdt.aml file.
ù

How i have to use it?
i always copied kext in system\library\extensions but never used a .aml file :(

You have to delete the AppleHDA.Kext before installing the voodooHDA 2.7.3 kext
Even if you get a KP at start up you should be able to boot with boot flags -v -x -f -s

I'll try! thanks

tryed all, but without luck :(

Maybe because i use the hdmi cable on the 6870 so in some ways i baypass the via card?
i don't know :(

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Audio works with Voodoo!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

But only if i use the onboard green hole, don't works connected, for example, only with hdmi cable and i have headphone connected to the monitor/tv

Any suggestion?

I got the sound working on this board in Mountain Lion using the following kexts (and instructions):
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3041

It's basically a tweaked AppleHDA and a .kext file created for VIA2021 cards.

I've written in the comments what additional steps I needed to make in my own particular setup, not a head-to-toes smooth move, but it's manageable.
It sounds great (only needed 2 ch out, haven't tested the surround outputs).

If this wouldn't have worked, next step I might've ordered another sound card. Lucky me :)

Good luck on getting this setup as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back