i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It only took 3 days to update to El Capitan! Think it was over a week to get Yosemite working, so I would call than an improvement.

Notes:
I followed the official Tonymac instructions

I used superduper to clone my system drive. Instead of a clean install I had it update my cloned system drive.

I had to pull my AMD Radeon HD 7870 and use Verbose for Clover to boot to the installer correctly.

I turned off on-board video before rebooting with my HD 7870 after installation was successful and it worked perfectly.

I still have to use Verbose to boot from my system drive.

Wireless came up fine and I didn't lose anything that was saved on my system drive.

USB 2 & 3 ports are all working along with all of my sata ports.

The only thing not working is audio (built in) I haven't started digging through posts to get that going, but it was nice to see that by upgrading my Yosemite install, most of my kexts worked fine.

I'm by no means an expert at hackintosh, I just changed my PC over to OSX in July and that was my first attempt. I am a video editor and just couldn't afford a $7000 Mac and already owned a $2000 PC that only needed a couple of new components to change over.

Hang in there, it can be done!

Good to hear!

Please put your specific motherboard model into the system configuration area on the left. We can't really give you intelligent advice on getting the audio set up without that information.

Thanks, sorry I didn't realize I'd listed my motherboard under the wrong section.

So, I've tried everything I can find on the forums to try to get my sound working and I'm resigned to wait for Multibeast (that's what I used successfully with Yosemite).

I ran the CloverALC110 script, but it didn't run the way it seemed like it was supposed to. It didn't ask any questions like it seemed like it was supposed to & it didn't fix my problem.

This is my first experience with Clover, and I'm really not sure how to install a kext with it. :banghead:

With Yosemite & Multibeast I used ALC887/888b Current v100302

Thanks for any help you can offer

Philip

Ok, I re-downloaded the file and started from scratch and as I got stuck I would paste my errors into this windows to post for you. As I scanned down to see what info it had in it, I kept finding error messages that made sense to me and I just went along fixing 3 or 4 of them until it finally worked.

WOW! That took more work than I expected, but thanks a lot ammulder for prodding me along and helping me to use my head!

When you hit a problem with a Hackintosh and you're not really sure what you're doing, it just seems like there are an unending number of trails to go down and when the first one didn't work (I messed up some part of the direction) I just started looking for other options, when I should have dug in at the one Tonymac said to use.

I'm not only new (3 months-ish) to Hackintosh, I'm that new to OSX, so I'm still getting used to filesystems and just the general ways to get things done. After 30ish years on a PC (pre-Windows) I'm making the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back