CPU
Intel i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
**EDIT** Am not going to try to install ML again as have got 10.7.5 working which is enough for now. Thanks.

Woe is me.

My 'Lion' Hack is fine, everything working, but I need Mountain Lion for some apps.

I am following Unibeast guide, but I don't get to the ML install screen, after I choose USB drive to boot from, it tries to start for 20 seconds then a flash and a reboot.

I have already found out about the 6xxx graphics problems..

Tried - remove the ATI6000 kext + graphics enabler = NO here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

No joy.

Pulled the PCI-E cables from the 6870 card, and plugged my monitor into the onboard HDMI, the did the above flag, still no joy. I noticed the fan is still running on the 6870, do I need to literally remove it from the case?

Anything you can see that I doing wrong?

Cheers
~loothi

GA-Z68XP-UD5 (rev. 1.0) BIOS F5
Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155)
XFX Radeon HD 6870 - Graphics adapter

Attachments

• bootscreen.tiff
    279 KB · Views: 175
No joy.

Pulled the PCI-E cables from the 6870 card, and plugged my monitor into the onboard HDMI, the did the above flag, still no joy. I noticed the fan is still running on the 6870, do I need to literally remove it from the case?

Anything you can see that I doing wrong?

Cheers
~loothi

GA-Z68XP-UD5 (rev. 1.0) BIOS F5
Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155)
XFX Radeon HD 6870 - Graphics adapter

When you disconnected power cables from the gfx card and moved HDMI cable from gfx card to mainboard port did you remember to enter BIOS and reset the first init graphics to IGFX and the IGFX memory to 64M?

I did not!

Thanks for that... but have upgraded to last, best lion version successfully so will for now at least take a break from Hackintoshing-to-mountain-lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back