Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys, im not really sure where to put this post, but i figure this might be okay

intro
so my buddies and i just completed the second customac pro build (the Intel Core i7-2600K one that was recommended on the blog), with a few minor changes to the parts; namely we purchased the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P instead of the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 that was recommended. and im using the 1TB Seagate Barracuda (was also recommended in the parts list), instead of an SSD. not really a big deal....i think...

the problem
the OS (i think its the OS) isnt recognizing stuff that ive got plugged into the motherboard via SATA. so like, when i try to boot from my HDD plugged in via SATA, it doesnt recognize that there is a disc that it can boot from. i also believe it to be either the mobo or the OS, because my optical drive isnt responding right now. it is working; it opens, closes and spins discs around, just the computer does not recognize that anything is happening

what ive done/been doing
so we first noticed that something was up because when trying to install the OS onto my HDD, there wasnt a disc detected; only a the USB with unibeast was detected.
so we went into BIOS and checked if it was getting picked up there, and it was. but then trying to get a disc to install the OS onto, same thing: not detected.
what we ended up doing was grabbing an external drive enclosure and trying to boot/install from there, which worked; the OS was easily installed.
then we did the multibeast stuffs, and everything else on the computer is running fine: network is okay, sound is okay, etcs. then we tried to plug the stuff back in via SATA, and hoping for the best, but no boot disc was found....
long story short(ish), right now, my OS is currently running off of a hard drive connected via USB 2.0....and thats not really great lol

sooooo yeah, im wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows of anything that i can do to fix this, because this kind of sucks a lot

thanks a lot

bump?

does anyone have any idea whats going on?
this sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back