EVGA 512MB (x2)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I recently put my system together and started the installation of Lion using the unibeast USB stick method. The install goes normally, partitioning and everything runs smoothly. However, after I reboot in Chimera and select my installation, the initial registration screens are painfully slow, I mean to the point that it takes 10 minutes of spinning wheels to select one field, and then 10 minutes of spinning wheel to click continue and 10 minutes for the page to load. I haven't finished the registration/initial setup due to lack of patience because it's so bad. I've tried it with fresh installs using VGA and HDMI graphics on the card. I haven't tried it with no card yet (just using on board video), but that's the next step. I've only got one 4GB stick of RAM in the board during the install, HPET is on 64 bit and it's set to AHCI with optimized defaults set in the BIOS. The system is super fast in Win 7, so everything looks to be normal with it, and the first step of the installation of Lion is really fast and everything is normal, so I'm not sure what could be causing it. I'm not using any flags or commands to get setup to run, it seems to just run fine on it's own.

System specs:
GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
ASUS 8400GS 1GB DDR3
Intel Core i5 2500

Using Unibeast and an AppStore purchased copy of Lion. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sam

So I tried running setup with just the on board video, I can't get to the setup screen at all. I've triple checked the BIOS settings and I'm still having the same slow issue, I've even tried a new hard drive and still no dice. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

I got it figured out--using safe mode switch (space bar to get to boot menu in chimera and then using the -x switch) it runs as fast as I'd expect. It looks like it doesn't like my graphics. I'll follow up if I can make the graphics work.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back