Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't
CPU
read the
Graphics
Rules!
I have GA-Z68XP-UD3, which has 2 USB 3.0 on the back, with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I have never made USB 3 work properly when first put this machine up 2 years ago. I installed the latest Chimera, loaded the latest DSDT, which is F10, and installed USB 3.0 universal driver with latest Multibeast. The only result I've got so far is to have the USB sockets and the connected hard drive showing in the system report window (as shown in the attached pic). Nothing pops up in Disk Utility.

I even use the trick that I found, to remove the AppleHPET.kext file from System/Extensions. Didn't work either.

At this point, I honestly don't know what else I can do. If anyone know the trick, please please help me. That'll be really appreciated!!

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 1.59.47 PM.png

Do you have another OS installed to confirm the ports really do work? I'm on my 3rd MOBO, I've sent my board back to Gigabyte twice with dead USB3 ports.

Thanks for the response. I actually made it work by installing an older version of Multibeast 5.1 with it's USB3 drivers - Lacie USB3, instead of the universal USB3 in 5.5 package.

But thanks for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it!

this motherboard and usb3.0 works fine with Mavericks and Multibeast in this version 6.0.1 http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=206
Don't use newest Multibeast.

Now with ElCapitan - not working :( i'm fighting with this :/

Regards
Andrew

There's a whole "CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - OS X 10.11 El Capitan - Reference" thread.

Please don't dig up a 2 years old thread for an unrelated problem, btw.

One and I think, the best solution.
I bought this card - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPIMJEW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
and now i again have a US3.0 port - it's work native without any kext and workoround.
I don't have so much knowledge to fight with this all kext.
I all my power put to work ElCapitan on two raid0 ssd drives ;) and it's all now works like a charm.

Regards
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back