Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi there, i've just finished to install 10.8.2 after updating the bios of my motherboard. I must say that everything is working really well, better than my 10.7.4 which was pretty reliable.

With multibeast (in dsdt free mode), i've installed audio / network & USB3. I've noticed through my istats widget that few things like cpu & cores temp, fans speed and gpu temp are missing. I've try through multibeast and with the fakeSMC options to add kext to fix it but when i do it, i've got the grey screen with the spinning wheel. Have someone experienced something similar? Is there any method to get theses informations back?

Thanks in advance for the help! ++

Hi there, i've just finished to install 10.8.2 after updating the bios of my motherboard. I must say that everything is working really well, better than my 10.7.4 which was pretty reliable.

With multibeast (in dsdt free mode), i've installed audio / network & USB3. I've noticed through my istats widget that few things like cpu & cores temp, fans speed and gpu temp are missing. I've try through multibeast and with the fakeSMC options to add kext to fix it but when i do it, i've got the grey screen with the spinning wheel. Have someone experienced something similar? Is there any method to get theses informations back?

Thanks in advance for the help! ++

Remove OemSMBios.kext from the PlugIns folder inside FakeSMC.kext.

Dil83

EDIT: What I meant is after you install the Motherboard Plugins for FakeSMC.kext, you have to manually remove OemSMBios.kext from the PlugIns folder inside FakeSMC.kext before you reboot.

OK thanks Dil83! I will give a try this week!

I've try your solution but unfortunately got the same spinning wheel issue.

This is what i do :

- Launching Multibeast (screenshot attached), apply.
- Go to S/L/E choose fakeSMC, plug-in folder, remove OemSMBios.kext then use disk utility to repair permissions on the disk and finally reboot.

The plugin folder got :
- ACPI Sensors.kext
- FintekF718.kext
- ITEIT87.kext
- NSCPC8739.kext
- NuvotonNCT677x.kext
- OemSMBios.kext (when not removed)
- WinbondW836x.kext
and the Intel kext (intelcpumonitor.kext I think).

I've try with OemSMBIOS.kext removed, i've try with OemSMBIOS.kext and IntelCpuMonitor.kext removed too but always got the spinning wheel.

To fix it, i've try to :
- remove the plug-in folder (got the spinning wheel at reboot)
- replace the whole fakesmc.kext by my previous one (got the spinning wheel at reboot too)

So i have erased my partition and copied my original back-up with a bootloader, works again.

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• multiScreen.png
    multiScreen.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 143
I've try your solution but unfortunately got the same spinning wheel issue.

This is what i do :

- Launching Multibeast (screenshot attached), apply.
- Go to S/L/E choose fakeSMC, plug-in folder, remove OemSMBios.kext then use disk utility to repair permissions on the disk and finally reboot.

The plugin folder got :
- ACPI Sensors.kext
- FintekF718.kext
- ITEIT87.kext
- NSCPC8739.kext
- NuvotonNCT677x.kext
- OemSMBios.kext (when not removed)
- WinbondW836x.kext
and the Intel kext (intelcpumonitor.kext I think).

I've try with OemSMBIOS.kext removed, i've try with OemSMBIOS.kext and IntelCpuMonitor.kext removed too but always got the spinning wheel.

Am I missing something?

OemSMBios.kext is the only kext known to cause the hang during boot on 10.8.2. After removing OemSMBios.kext, try using "UseKernelCache=No" at the boot prompt. Also, on MultiBeast versions previous to version 5.0.2, OemSMBios.kext was installed in /System/Library/Extensions, so also make sure it's not present there.

Dil83

[Solved] GA-Z68XP-UD3 UEFI / processor temps / fans speed

Thank you sir, it works now!

I've added
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
to my boot.plist or I've got the spinning wheel.

Anyway, i'm happy to get everything back! Thx again!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 122
FYI - I was under the impression that you need only type UseKernelCache=No in once

Someone else might be able to correct me but I think that the cache of kexts will be rebuilt after this and you can then go back to UseKernelCache=Yes for faster boot

Stu

So, I can't explain why but the first reboots werent working without UseKernelCache=No.
Just replaced it by UseKernelCache=Yes in my boot.plist and it seems to be fine, thanks for the information surfstu! The boot is pretty fast now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back