1080TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong section...

anyways, im currently running with 8gbs of ram in my mobo (2 x 4), and i have recently purchased 8gb more (2 x 4),
to get a total of 16gb. The problem is, that i get a boot-loop with all 4 bricks in. Im no expert at hardware and memory, but i have checked all the bricks and the work separately, just not togeter all 4.

Motherboard is a: GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1
CPU: Intel i7 2600
MEM: Corsair XMS3 1600mhz DDR3 CL9 x 4

So the question is...

what settings do i change in the bios to get this working, or to find out if one of the slots on the motherboard is faulty...?

Is all the memory the exact same? If so you could try and test each slot to see if the ram slot is the issue. Also I would make sure you are taking advantage of the dual channel memory on the motherboard. Usually the ram slots are not ordered 1-4, it is usually 1,3,2,4 and/or the board has the ram slots alternating colors.

[SOLVED] GA-z68xp-UD3 rev 1.0 ram upgrade fail

Is all the memory the exact same? If so you could try and test each slot to see if the ram slot is the issue. Also I would make sure you are taking advantage of the dual channel memory on the motherboard. Usually the ram slots are not ordered 1-4, it is usually 1,3,2,4 and/or the board has the ram slots alternating colors.

thanks for the suggestions, and after extensive trial and error and research on the interwebs, i finally got it working :)
had to enter the brick timings etc manually, and disable onboard graphics(!!). So now it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back