CPU
Core i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello MacMan, please say what you need to make DSDT for GA-Z68XP-UD3 New UEFI bios (U1g from official site was released 13/07/2012). Thank you for help

thelostswede said:
Have you even bothered to read a single post about UEFI here?
You don't need a DSDT with UEFI.
Hmmm... Russian apple community don't think so. So I asked here

thelostswede said:
Well, we know so.
Gigabyte has done something or the other with its UEFI, so you don't need a DSDT for it to work any more.
Try this thread for some more details http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=62760
I have read all the thread you given me. Thanks. But I still have 2 questions:
1. Does the CPU power management (speed step) works OOB?
2. Which kext I need to use for Audio instead of HDEF section in old DSDT for BIOS?

How to make DSDT with UEFI?

thelostswede said:
The same way as before afaik
The previous way was to download it from DSDT database :D , but there is no DSDT for U1g in DB :(

I have read all the thread you given me. Thanks. But I still have 2 questions:
1. Does the CPU power management (speed step) works OOB?
2. Which kext I need to use for Audio instead of HDEF section in old DSDT for BIOS?

How to make DSDT with UEFI?

I've upgraded to U1g.

Don't need more DSDT.
Still need SSDT (I've played with bios settings, no luck...)

To make a DSDT, boot from Ubuntu cd... There are some tutorials around.
I've create mine, I need it for HDMI audio

I'm a NOOB with DSDT, but it work for me. Feel free to give a try at your risk (first one: extract DSDT from Ubuntu, second: same, edited to get HDMI Audio working).

Attachments

• DSDT.Z68XP-UD3.u1g.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 389
There are issues still with some boards. Audio pin configuration/overclocking/p-states/USB WAK issues etc. some of the z68 efi bios are still beta. I think the plan was to wait for release versions of the efi bios to see if that resolves them and if still needed start working on dsdt edits then.

There are issues still with some boards. Audio pin configuration/overclocking/p-states/USB WAK issues etc. some of the z68 efi bios are still beta. I think the plan was to wait for release versions of the efi bios to see if that resolves them and if still needed start working on dsdt edits then.
U1g is not beta bios for this mobo. But audio pin + p-states issues are present. That's why I've start this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back