Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My system is about a week old and I'm having a strange problem with networking. If the system is turned off for several hours, I get no network connection. The adapter gets assigned a 169..... ip address even though it shows as being connected to the router. I have Win 7 dual boot and it also doesn't work if I boot into windows. The only thing that seems to work is:

1. Shutdown system.
2. Turn off power supply and unplug power cable.
3. Unplug ethernet cable.
4. Plug back in ethernet cable.
5. Plug in and turn on power supply.

At first I thought it was a deffective board but I sent my first board back to Amazon and got a new board but have run into the same issue.

I'm using the Ln2mac drivers.

Can someone f%$!#ing help me please :banghead:

I really appreciate you linking those resources. I'm not using the Lnx2Mac drivers, but am using a GA-Z68XP-UD3 running 10.7.4 with a Multibeast setup.

My machine had been running beautifully for months until I had the power go out at my house a couple days ago. Now the Ethernet doesn't seem to be functioning. My switch sees something is plugged in, but the light is orange for that port. My laptop using the same cable works just fine. I've tried powering down, unplugging ethernet, switching off the P/S, unplugging the powersupply (for hours) and several variations thereof, but still no network. Windows isn't seeing LAN either. I tried jiggering the SmartLAN (got no options there) and then I loaded the BIOS defaults and restarted, but still no LAN love. Weird. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Where is the Wake-On-LAN option? Maybe I missed that.

Gonna try a few more times (maybe pull the CMOS battery), but it's very frustrating. It was working so beautifully and perfect before. If I can help it, I'd prefer not to have to get a PCI-E Ethernet card.

I think pulling the MB battery may have worked! My last procedure:
1a. Disconnected ethernet
1b. Shut off the the power supply
1c. Pulled the power
1d. Popped the little battery out

2. I was going over to a friend's to watch Hannibal anyway, so I left it for hours.

3a. Popped the battery back in
3b. Reconnected ethernet
3c. Plugged power back in
3d. Switched on Power Supply

4. When I booted back up I went directly to Win 7 with...

5. Network!

6. Booted to Mac OSX and everything works again.

Yay. Really appreciate you linking to those resources above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back