Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3 = Junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
subaro0o said:
Gordo74 said:
They should both have integrated graphics if they are Z68.

Yeah I know, but the ud4-b3 has no video output on it, check em out if you have the time

Then definitely go for the one with the video output.

ORDERED.. will keep you guys posted how it turns out, while I had it running on the UD3 before it decided to shut off and bootloop, it was geek benching 12,600...very fast!

Gonna spend today trying to figure out why my x58 i7960 machine is only geekbenching 6,000..

perhaps, but do a google search on that particular board and youll see so many posts of people going through the same thing, I felt like starting over..

you have an answer for my question about reformatting the whole hard drive again or can i just overwrite dsdt with multibeast?

I've had the Z68XP-UD3 for a couple of months now and I had the same issue when I first got it but a bios update will fix the issues with it rebooting on startup.. OS X Lion installed and only needed the ethernet drivers from Multibeast, apart from that everything worked out of the box.. Not sure why you've had so many issues.

alexgrist said:
I've had the Z68XP-UD3 for a couple of months now and I had the same issue when I first got it but a bios update will fix the issues with it rebooting on startup.. OS X Lion installed and only needed the ethernet drivers from Multibeast, apart from that everything worked out of the box.. Not sure why you've had so many issues.

I've had mine since July last year ... really a great board and smokes through Final Cut Studio with the 2600k!

Pulpo said:
Copy the latest BIOS to a pendrive root (fat32).

The BIOS will be reset as a protection to a previous version (dual BIOS system).

Unplugg power cord and reset the BIOS removing the battery for 10 min.

Restart your computer, enter the BIOS and update the BIOS from the pendrive.

Restart and enter the BIOS again (if you can't get into the BIOS, the loop will restart again).

In BIOS go to:

MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T) --> Advanced Frequency Setting --> Advanced CPU Cores Features

Search for:

Internal CPU PLL OverVoltage: AUTO (change this to DISABLE)

F10, Save and Exit.

Sorry for my english :p

I had been having lots of issues with boot looping on this board. I switched the Internal CPU PLL OverVoltage setting to DISABLED and so far so good. No boot loops. Hoping it permanently fixes the issue.

i5 2500K
GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0 BIOS F9 using DSDT F8
8gb Gskill DDR3 1333
EVGA 9600 GSO
No overclocking

Thanks Pulpo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back