ATI Radeon 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So. Here's what's happening.
I have my bootable Lion USB drive. Its in the USB port (2.0) on my build. I boot up the computer, choose USB on Chimera (after selecting USB-HDD after hitting f12). At this point the apple logo comes up, the wheel under it spins (its grey with dashed lines) and then after that the screen goes black, and stops detecting incoming signal from the computer. The computer is still on mind you.

Other Info:
Using XFX HD6870 GPU
Everything else is pretty much from the blog post about recommended sandy bridge builds. (the more recent one).

If anyone knows what might be causing this/has any suggestions on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help!

Try with boot option -npci=0x3000
If that doesn't work, start from the stick with option -v (Verbose mode), then you can see where it "hangs".
Can also be that you have to try with PciRoot=0 or 1 (don't know which is default, try both).

Success!

psydafke said:
Try with boot option -npci=0x3000
If that doesn't work, start from the stick with option -v (Verbose mode), then you can see where it "hangs".
Can also be that you have to try with PciRoot=0 or 1 (don't know which is default, try both).

Success!
Nevermind! I guess the 2nd DVI doesnt work... tried switching and boom, problem solved.

So new problem... my HDD isn't showing up in disk utility after the language selection screen... any ideas as to what's causing this?

Thanks!

Depends on which ports you connect it to.
Try only using the intel ports, since the others are only activated after install when you select the appropiate kexts in MultiBeast.
So looking at a picture i should say hdd on sata3_0, optical sata3_1.
After language selection, in the top menu open Utility/DiskUtility.
If the disk is listed there, partition it using guid-scheme, HFS+ (Journaled).
Then it should show up in the selection screen to install.

psydafke said:
Depends on which ports you connect it to.
Try only using the intel ports, since the others are only activated after install when you select the appropiate kexts in MultiBeast.
So looking at a picture i should say hdd on sata3_0, optical sata3_1.
After language selection, in the top menu open Utility/DiskUtility.
If the disk is listed there, partition it using guid-scheme, HFS+ (Journaled).
Then it should show up in the selection screen to install.

The disk is still not showing up despite having the HDD in Sata3_0 and optical drive in Sata3_1. Any other ideas?

P.S. It's a 1Tb Seagate Barracuda SATA

Do you have an option in the bios (boot sequence) where you can set the order of the disks.
There you may choose between "p0: diskname" and "EFI: diskname"?
Choose the p0 one...
Must be some bios setting.... No specific guides about the GA-Z68XP-UD3?
Check this one?

Well I got everything to install. Fixed the problem... turns out my BIOS was in IDE mode... whoops. :crazy:

However, after following the rest of the lion install instructions on the blog, my HDD still isn't bootable. If I pull out the flash drive it tries to launch off the hard drive but displays Boot0: Error, and goes no further. Any ideas on why? Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks a bundle for everything up until now, and going forward.

My HDD isn't showing up under devices either... Not sure what happened here..

Try installing the stand-alone Chimera installer.
Did you successfully run Multibeast? UserDSDT (with the correct DSDT.aml on your dektop)?
Make sure to use the correct one according to your bios version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back