EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

I've gotten almost everything to work on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 on U1j except for the Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 ports and the front USB port to work. They were working in Yosemite. Also, the bottom two USB 2.0 ports on the back don't work either. I've looked at the 10.11+ USB changes guide, however, since the U1j UEFI doesn't require a DSDT, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to patch. I'm currently using the iMac13,2 system definition.

Anyone have any luck getting USB to fully work on the GA-Z68XP-UD3?

There are a variety of options for addressing USB problems.

The Etron EJ168 part is separate -- you can search this forum to see whether it should/can work in El Capitan.

For the other non-working ports, you can use DSDT, SSDT, kext injectors, or other methods. Every machine has a DSDT, you may just not be overriding it by providing one manually. You could edit the board's default DSDT and provide your edited version if you wanted to, but again, that's not the only option.

Stork gave a couple links to guides to editing your DSDT in MaciASL in another thread and I stupidly didn't write them down so now I don't have them handy to repeat, but you can maybe search this forum for MaciASL guide and see if you can turn them up if you want to go the DSDT route.

I'm having similar issues with a similar board, the GA-Z68XP-UD3H-B3, running a legacy f12 BIOS and Clover. I couldn't get the native App store process to boot to the OS X installer, nor would Tony's Unibeast USB, with my USB3.0 hub plugged in. I unplugged it and the install process went smoothly for El Capitan. The lingering issue, as you've noted, is that USB 3.0 seems to be hosed. The front ports that I used to create and boot Unibeast from are technically USB 3.0, but I've used an internal 3.0 to 2.0 adapter due to some early issues with getting the USB 3.0 ports to work correctly. So it would seem I have a slightly different situation, where USB 2.0 works fine but USB 3.0 seems to crap the bed. :-/

I haven't tested all of the various ports to see what is affected. One issue I've seen with Clover Configurator is that the USB settings in Devices no longer allow for the board's sleep features to work consistently. In Yosemite, I could get a deep sleep that would only respond to the power button, or a more typical sleep that would respond to USB inputs from mouse or keyboard. With El Capitan, the sleep works inconsistently and often wakes up with the different USB settings in Clover.

Hey everyone,

I've gotten almost everything to work on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 on U1j except for the Etron EJ168 USB 3.0 ports and the front USB port to work. They were working in Yosemite. Also, the bottom two USB 2.0 ports on the back don't work either. I've looked at the 10.11+ USB changes guide, however, since the U1j UEFI doesn't require a DSDT, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to patch. I'm currently using the iMac13,2 system definition.

Anyone have any luck getting USB to fully work on the GA-Z68XP-UD3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back