GA-Z68XP-UD3 F10 Unibeast 1.5.1 boots to Grey Screen with Cursor Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte 5700 XT (GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Centris
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system is booting to a grey screen. I've created my USB installer with Unibeast 1.5.1 and the App Store download of ML. Everything boots ok until after verbose mode tries to load the log-in window. I get a cursor that I can move but nothing else on the screen. No installer window. Any ideas wht I can try next?

Thanks very much for any help!

Guido
--

System: GA-Z68XP-UD3 F10
CPU: i7-2600k
Graphics: GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870
Other Hardware:
- Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- OCZ Technology 120 GB Nocti Series 3.0 Gb-s Slim mSATA SATA II Solid State Drive (NOC-MSATA-120G)

I've been working on something similar for the past 12 hours. I finally got to the install screen after removing my graphics card and plugging into the HDMI on the motherboard. Then typing GraphicsEnabler=No during the unibeast loader screen.

I begin the installation, but it gets down to about 7 minutes remaining and the screen goes gray.

GA-Z68XP-UD3 F10, i7 2600K
GV-R687OC-1GD

Lion was working well, but yesterday my audio stopped working, so I decided to upgrade everything.

My system is booting to a grey screen. I've created my USB installer with Unibeast 1.5.1 and the App Store download of ML. Everything boots ok until after verbose mode tries to load the log-in window. I get a cursor that I can move but nothing else on the screen. No installer window. Any ideas wht I can try next?

Thanks very much for any help!

Guido
--

System: GA-Z68XP-UD3 F10
CPU: i7-2600k
Graphics: GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870
Other Hardware:
- Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- OCZ Technology 120 GB Nocti Series 3.0 Gb-s Slim mSATA SATA II Solid State Drive (NOC-MSATA-120G)

Have you tried the onboard Intel video instead of your Radeon?

Hello all,

I'm having the same issue here... Any other advices out there?

I have the same Mobo @ F10 bios and the Gigabyte 6870. I tried upgrading to ML back at the end of July. My Hack sat for about a month. I went to 4Gb of ram, pulled out my W7 SSD, pulled out my video card and used the onboard graphics. I also pulled out my wifi card, not that that should matter. When I would attempt to install of Unibeast, my OSX drive would appear in Chamelion, yet when I got to the OSX install screen or Disk Utility I couldn't see my OSX drive anymore. So I pulled the OSX drive out of my hack and formatted it in my wife's MacBook. I then put it back into my Hack and started the whole process over. I did use GraphicsEnabler=No as I had in the past, and for some reason it loaded correctly. iCloud and appstore didn't work, but they do now. I was about ready to give up and I even thought there was something wrong with my SSD. I really don't have any advice, except that it works!

A quick update. I was finally able to get ML installed by pulling the the video card and using the onboard video instead. Thanks very much to those who suggested this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back