1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.3 UEFI
OSX 10.4 booted from clover

I am using the RealtekRTL8111 v2 kext in SLE. I thought at first it was a manual configuration error but DHCP assigned addresses give the same result.

If I boot into windows 10 the Lan functions properly. I have a also tried the RTL81xx kext with the same outcome.

Right now I get 3 green lights and 2 red - No Internet or Server.

Any ideas what is preventing net connection?

Attached ioreg and plist

Attachments

• OSXY.zip
    470.3 KB · Views: 76
  • config.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Still have not come across a solution for this.

GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.3 UEFI
OSX 10.4 booted from clover

I am using the RealtekRTL8111 v2 kext in SLE. I thought at first it was a manual configuration error but DHCP assigned addresses give the same result.

If I boot into windows 10 the Lan functions properly. I have a also tried the RTL81xx kext with the same outcome.

Right now I get 3 green lights and 2 red - No Internet or Server.

Any ideas what is preventing net connection?

Attached ioreg and plist

Your ioreg shows you using lnx2mac's RealtekRTL811xx.kext.

Use Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext instead.

You must remove lnx2mac in order to use a different kext.

Sorry that IO was recorded when I was testing the RealtekRTL811xx.kext. I switched back to Mieze's v2.0 and have with the same results.

I could be wrong of course, but it does not seem like a kext issue at this point. I have also tested my old chameleon/mavericks install and it functions normally using the both kext files I tested in the 10.10 setup.

Sorry that IO was recorded when I was testing the RealtekRTL811xx.kext, I switched back to Mieze's v2 after with the same results.

Post ioreg.

I will do so when I get home thanks.

Here is current IOReg

Attachments

• OSXY.ioreg.zip
    468.9 KB · Views: 72
Here is current IOReg

According to ioreg, the driver is loaded and working.

But check to make sure you didn't leave RealtekRTL81xx.kext installed. Having it there will mess with RealtekRTL8111.kext at startup.

btw i was just looking at your config.plist if you have put your Ethernet kexts in EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts then you need to make sure you have inject kexts set to Yes not detect I've just changed it for you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 192
Nothing in the SLE, and No conflicts in the IONetworkingFamily package that I could find. All services were deleted before the kext was installed and then added after the cache was rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back