CPU Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (F8)
Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6870
Hard-drive 1 TB 3.5" Seagate 7200 RPM
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
RAM 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt

Here is how things have gone so far:
1. Installed Lion 10.7.2 off a bootable USB (No issues at all, smooth as silk)
2. Ran Multibeast Lion: 4.3.1 with the pre-edited DSDT from the database for my motherboard.
3. All my hardware is recognized correctly in system info, (1TB system drive shows up as external under system info) The only thing left to test is the ethernet
4. Tried to reboot without using the Unibeast USB drive, this is the message I get immediately
IMG_0899.jpg

5. Ran Multibeast again, this time running Easybeast. Tried to reboot without the Unibeast USB, still getting the same message.

Anyone help me on this one? I did some googling and forum hunting but it seems this motherboard isnt the most popular, and either is my issue. It seems like the bootloader isnt installing correctly to my system drive, but that is just my guess. Other than that, smooth sailing with this build. Thanks guys

Im going to look into that. I stumbled across that when i was researching but i thought it only applied to 2 TB+ drives.

Thanks Sstreet, it is in fact a 4k drive.

Your Welcome!

As it turns out, most mechanical drives being manufactured today are going to be 4K sectors. I only know this as I was searching for a replacement drive for my NAS box -- I needed a new 1TB drive and I didn't want to rebuild (not enough time or swing space) to support 4K sectors; I had to choose carefully which drive to avoid 4k sectors.

Hopefully you're good to go now!

Update: Followed the guide located in the link that was posted above by Sstreet and in under 5 minutes i was up and running without the USB key. I have *NEVER* opened terminal prior to that, and it was intimidating for no reason at all. The directions tell you exactly what to type, and even going slow and carefully i was done in a matter of minutes.

On board Audio:
Did not work natively but what got it to work was selecting these things while running multibeast:

Drivers & Bootloaders
> Kexts & Enablers
> Audio
> Realtek ALC8xx
> ALC8XXHDR (checked)
> AppleHDA Rollback (checked)
> Non-DSDP HDAEnabler
> ALC889 (checked)

Ethernet worked out of the box, on board audio works after what is stated above, i can boot without a usb key.

The next problem I ran into was I couldnt change my background. I would chose an image to change my background, and it wouldnt take effect until I restarted the computer. Oddly enough after running the Audio fix above, I can now change my backgrounds in real time. Very odd. I will keep this updated as time goes on with any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back