Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 Whos running 10.9 and what did you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z68x-ud5-b3
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I broke my 10.8 instillation a few months back and just haven't been able to get it back up and running for some reason. Now that 10.9 is out and the multibeast is using an entirely different ui for the install I was curious if anyone has setup their boards and what their setup was?

My setup is:
MOBO: gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU: i5 2500k
Graphics: MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC

I seem to be able to install 10.9 with no problems but each time I try to install mb I get kp when I reboot. I download the dsdt and have it on my desktop and select the dsdt option so I'm guessing my issue might be related to my graphics card... any help would be greatly appreciated!

I also have GA-Z68-UD5-B3, and have not had any luck installing using the unibeast method. It installs, but then will not boot.

However, I did successfully install and boot using another method (but its against the forum to discuss)

But only half fixed sadly - the Mavericks install has not got working audio and using multibeast to load audio kexts seems to break it.. If anyone has got further would be great to know how!

Have you tried using an older version of Multibeast to load the audio drivers I saw it's an ALC889, also have you tried some boot flags, I had a problem with booting on a second machine of mine got it up with GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID=1 worth a try. I have noticed on the forums as well as the net that the GTX470 is problematic, that could be your issue, but there are solutions for it, have you tried installation without your graphics card in

Thanks for the help guys. my biggest problem will be finding another graphics card to use to boot and test with for now. My board has not onboard graphics. I'll test your suggestions tonight and update with what's working.

Same problem with GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 + GT430.

Solved by use of GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID=1 as boot option like suggested by boschrenier.

I thing it will be works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back