Contribute
Register

ga-z68x-ud5-b3 ML HDMI audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited the AppleHDA instead of AppleHDAController. Not good. Restored the drive with CCC (again) and still no love.
Mistakes result in failure. It won't work until everything is correct.
Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler.kext. Run MultiBeast (With DSDT) to install a fresh AppleHDA.kext. Restart and reply with a new IOReg.

I have attached a copy of IOReg, Should I use DSDT editor and hdmi_audio_award_hd3000.txt to compile the dsdt.aml and drag to Extra before I edit AppleHDAController with Hexedit and install with kextbeast?

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    456 KB · Views: 77
I have attached a copy of IOReg, Should I use DSDT editor and hdmi_audio_award_hd3000.txt to compile the dsdt.aml and drag to Extra before I edit AppleHDAController with Hexedit and install with kextbeast?
I see audio is back. I also see HDAEnabler1.kext is still installed. Redo the instructions in Post #11, reply with a new IOReg.

You have already edited and installed the edited dsdt; why do you want to do that again?

Don't mess with AppleHDA until you have an IOReg that will make HDMI audio when you install the edited kext.

I see audio is back. I also see HDAEnabler1.kext is still installed. Redo the instructions in Post #11, reply with a new IOReg.

You have already edited and installed the edited dsdt; why do you want to do that again?

I restored the drive with CCC from external drive that was cloned before any changes.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    417.6 KB · Views: 92
I restored the drive with CCC from external drive that was cloned before any changes.
Good. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop. Do you know how and what to edit in Desktop/AppleHDA.kext? If yes, proceed with the edit, save the changes and install with KextBeast. Restart and reply with a new IOReg.

Just before I did this I backed up to external drive with CCC to keep all DSDT edits and downloaded software.
I copied AppleHDA.kext to the desktop,. Hexedit/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController/open/Find/Find and replace/
Find de 10 ea 0b Replace de 10 0c 0e (2x) Does 2x mean click the replace button 2 times?( I clicked replace 2 times, Or Should I have typed in Replace box de 10 0c 0e (2x) then click replace one time ?Or click a different button?) ASCll is selected by default. Do I need to change it? (I left it ASCll)
File/save ?? (I clicked save)
Then with AppleHDA.kext on the desktop I ran kextbeast/reboot, or should I have had AppleHDAController.kext on the desktop?

Is this correct? After making the edits I see only airplay in sounds/settings all other audio is gone.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    351.4 KB · Views: 72
Just before I did this I backed up to external drive with CCC to keep all DSDT edits and downloaded software.
I copied AppleHDA.kext to the desktop,. Hexedit/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController/open/Find/Find and replace/
Find de 10 ea 0b Replace de 10 0c 0e (2x) Does 2x mean click the replace button 2 times?( I clicked replace 2 times, Or Should I have typed in Replace box de 10 0c 0e (2x) then click replace one time ?Or click a different button?) ASCll is selected by default. Do I need to change it? (I left it ASCll)
File/save ?? (I clicked save)
Then with AppleHDA.kext on the desktop I ran kextbeast/reboot, or should I have had AppleHDAController.kext on the desktop?

Is this correct? After making the edits I see only airplay in sounds/settings all other audio is gone.
No, the edits to AppleHDA are wrong. Run MultiBeast (With DSDT) to install fresh AppleHDA.kext.

Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop
HexEdit/File/Open/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController
HexEdit/Find/Find & Replace
HexEdit must be set to Hex
Enter:
Find de 10 ea 0b
Replace de 10 0c 0e
Find Next (there will be box around the find value)
Replace
Find Next (the box should have moved)
Replace
To be sure, press Find Next again, the box will not move.
HexEdit/File/Save.
Desktop/AppleHDA.kext is now edited.
KextBeast.
Restart.

Reply with IOReg.

Edited.

No, the edits to AppleHDA are wrong. Run MultiBeast (With DSDT) to install fresh AppleHDA.kext.

Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop
HexEdit/File/Open/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext
HexEdit/Find/Find & Replace
HexEdit must be set to Hex
Enter:
Find de 10 0c 0e
Replace de 10 0c 0e
Find Next (there will be box around the find value)
Replace
Find Next (the box should have moved)
Replace
To be sure, press Find Next again, the box will not move.
HexEdit/File/Save.
Desktop/AppleHDA.kext is now edited.
KextBeast.
Restart.

Reply with IOReg.
So the path seems to be a problem "HexEdit/File/Open/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext" the open button is not available. I thought I was supposed to edit AppleHDAController binary, Is the path "Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController"?
Find and Replace are both de 10 0c 0e ? You had Find de 10 ea 0b in your previous post
Do you mean click on Find Next then click on Replace? Then repeat that two more times?
I am sorry I am not getting this very well
Run Multibeast (With DSDT) to install fresh AppleHDA.kext. Should I have the DSDT.aml on the desktop? Should it be the original .aml file downloaded from Tonymac?

Do you mean click on Find Next then click on Replace? Then repeat that two more times?
You are correct. Previous instructions edited as noted. Yes, click on Find Next then click on Replace.

To verify edits
Find: de 10 0c 0e
Find Previous
Find Next
Find Next

You should see two instances of
de 10 0c 0e. If yes, the edits are correct.

I'm still unclear, do I edit Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA, or Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOs/AppleHDAController?

EDIT
I'm sorry I see in your earlier post the path. I will give it another try. Thanks for working on this with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back