Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 CustoMac is throwing ACPI Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
roadrunner197069 said:
I was looking at Lions requirements. You only need 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 to download it if your apple store is working. It would be way easier to get lion installed I think.
Will that work? Do 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 have Sandy Bridge Support? I thought that was the main issue?

NO, but if you can load one of those long enough to get lion, which does you can make a boot disk and install lion easy as pie.

A fresh install of lion and skip the 10.6 non supported junk. But you are going to have to be able to log in to the appstore and download it for $29.99

Those settings I posted didn't help none?

roadrunner197069 said:
Those settings I posted didn't help none?
Nope. Getting same "commpage" KP :(

So, to do the Lion bypass, should I do the following?
  • iBoot Install from SL DVD[/*:m:12me25or]
  • Reboot (with iBoot)[/*:m:12me25or]
  • Run 10.6.7 Combined Update (or 10.6.6)[/*:m:12me25or]
  • Run Multi-Beast (DSDT install, no extras ... not EasyBeast) [/*:m:12me25or]
  • Reboot (without iBoot)[/*:m:12me25or]
  • Run Update Helper[/*:m:12me25or]
  • Install Lion from App Store?[/*:m:12me25or]

Or, do I need to do the XMove upgrade method?

I think its time for you to download Lion and skip snow, I got one more thing I'm looking into for you.

roadrunner197069 said:
I think its time for you to download Lion and skip snow, I got one more thing I'm looking into for you.
Happy to ditch SL for Lion. Not sure how to download a DMG of Lion though. It only points to the Mac App Store.

BTW. Sent you my IM handle in PM. Online now.

Ya you need to buy lion from the apple store. It is $29.99, then we extract the .dmg i added you on yahoo.

To the OP out of interest do u mind posting your config

also your com.apple.boot.plist and are you running full 64 bit kernel?? Cheers :)

I have almost the exact config (only the mobo's different - z68xp-ud3 and gtx 560 ti)Can you guys tell me what happened to SL10.6.8? Or did you guys go straight to Lion?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back