Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 10.6.8 From Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME MAN !!! So STOKED and I got it all running with your help.
i'm curious about the updating the motherboard i have the GA-Z68XP-UD5 ver.1
and the screen showed me in the top left GA-Z68XP-UD5-F1 but there is no F1 in the DSDT base. I used F2 according to my processor i7-2700K on the gigabyte website under cpu support list. Is this correct ?

THX again for the post :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-06 at 12.58.55 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-06 at 12.58.55 AM.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 189
Rather than taking a picture, there is a better, easier way to check BIOS firmware version!
Use the Delete key to get to BIOS setup and the press F9.
That will pull up "System Information". This feature has not been documented, but itis there.

Hey everybody,

So I finally got the whole iCloud/FaceTime/App Store thing fixed in Lion 10.7.3.

I just followed the entire Unibeast instructions and did a clean install of Lion that way, including wiping my system drive. Follow this guide and all your problems with the Z68X-UD5-B3 iCloud/FaceTime/App Store issue will be solved.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

So much simpler than I thought.

Also, with our motherboard, make sure at the end, when using Multibeast to recover audio, that you only select ALC8xxxHDA, Apple HDA Rollback and ALC889 from the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler drop down. I've attached a screenshot of this.

Hope this helps. iCloud! Finally!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 12.59.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 12.59.57 AM.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 174
Whoops. I had a hiccup in logging in to iCloud. So I tried this:

Go to,
Library/Preferences/System Configuration
and place the NetworkInterfaces.plist on the desktop.
Then make sure you delete it from its original location and empty the trash.

Then, in your Extra folder, add the following to your com.apple.Boot.plist or org.chameleon.Boot:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then restart. iCloud now works and that NetworkInterfaces.plist should have regenerated itself in its original location so you can now delete the extra copy of it on your desktop.

All good.

Thank you to eelhead and this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=157&t=23153

After struggling with trying to install Snow Leopard with the Mac Pro CustomBuild hardware I finally have a working system thanks to you!

I must have installed Snow Leopard 25 times over the past 2 days each time getting the "kernal panic" errors.

But thanks to this thread I am finally up and running.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back