Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (no audio, no network, no sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys!

So i finally got my system up and running after using Gordo's Guide.
I followed it to the letter expect for the GPU and off course i used the DSDT for my motherboard.

OSX will boot but there are still some issues left that i cant seem to solve....

My MB uses Realtek ALC889 audio codec
In multibeast i selected ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback
But no sounddevice recognized ...
Fixed!!! Was still dissabled in my bios because of my external XFI Card

My MB uses Realtek RTL8111E lan
In multibeast i selected Lynx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx..
But no network is detected ...
Working!!!

Ive read this could be due to the 64bit kernel im using?
Is that correct?

I used UserDSDTInstall with the provided DSDT by Tony
Could there be something wrong with this DSDT?
Sleep is also not working (but thats not a big issue for me) Fixed!!!

Thanks a million you guys!

JinXter said:

I thought to have a similar problem but my solution was just ... patience :cool:

My Z68X-UD7-B3 did not connect either. (I´m using a router for my LAN with DHCP.)
Issue was solved by simply opening system preferences->network and wait a moment.
At first, no network was detected, but a few moments later - magic - there it was.
And after the next reboot network detection just worked as usual.

Say Heading said:
JinXter said:

I thought to have a similar problem but my solution was just ... patience :cool:

My Z68X-UD7-B3 did not connect either. (I´m using a router for my LAN with DHCP.)
Issue was solved by simply opening system preferences->network and wait a moment.
At first, no network was detected, but a few moments later - magic - there it was.
And after the next reboot network detection just worked as usual.

Genious! lan is working now :lol:
But could this mean im not running the 64 kernel? can i check this?

Thanks

I just tested my system with geekbench and i got a very dissapointing 5050 points !!!!!
What did i do wrong?

This is a 2600k running at 3.4 ghz :banghead:

JinXter said:
But could this mean im not running the 64 kernel? can i check this?

and

I just tested my system with geekbench and i got a very dissapointing 5050 points !!!!!
What did i do wrong?

Maybe. Yes. Wrong system definition. :cool:

Step by step:

If you were using the userDSDT install method without any further options, you migh still be in 32 bit.
To check, open "about this Mac"in the apple menu, select "further information" which opens "system profiler".

First vital information here in the "hardware overview" should be the "model identification". If it´s not MacPro3,1 you found the reason for your geekbench desaster.
More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20999
In that case just run MultiBeast again with "system utilities" and MacPro3,1 checked.

But let´s continue through the "system profiler". Select "Software" which gives you an overview about your system software and the desired info:
64-Bit-kernel and -extensions "Yes" or "No".

If it´s "No", run Multibeast again with "System Utilities" and "customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit Apple Boot Screen" checked.

Voila ;)

Hi guys, im goint to boy this GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 but i want to ask you if all pci express clots are working good with the osx 10.6.7 cuz i've to install 3 AVID HD cards PCIe and i need that mobo recognize all 3 cards.

Did you run any test ?

thnx guys !

Say Heading said:
If it´s "No", run Multibeast again with "System Utilities" and "customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit Apple Boot Screen" checked.

Voila ;)
Slight caveat should be added here - if JinXter loaded the 2011 Macbook ATI kext files in MultiBeast under Kexts and Enablers -> Graphics -> 1.6.34.13 ATI for his HD5770, the above should be xx-bit Graphics Enabler=No for native support of the 5770.

Nobody test the PCIe ?

Still not getting Audio in my Z68x-UD4-B3 setup. My bios read that it's still F5 and not F7. Would upgrading fix the issue? nevermind.. ditched the auto DST patcher and grabbed the one from tonymacs DB.. everything works great.

Also, will I have to install Windows 1st to upgrade the Z68's BIOS?

Also, I can't upgrade to 10.6.8. I get k-panics during the upgrade which then sends my hackintosh into an endless reboot phase.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back