Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with HD3000 in clover installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're talking about the IGPUs, though, right? I'd need to find the right frame buffer patch for a particular graphic card if I needed to use HDMI (having that Problem with a second build that uses an HDMI only monitor.)

thanks!

you're talking about the IGPUs, though, right? I'd need to find the right frame buffer patch for a particular graphic card if I needed to use HDMI (having that Problem with a second build that uses an HDMI only monitor.)

thanks!

That's right I was referring to the HD3000 IGPU. What's the Graphics card you are trying to get HDMI working for ?

Bizz, my first attempt was close. I got my setup working yesterday, full 1080p on DVI output. The edits to the DSDT were basically correct, but my edits to config.plist were incorrect, and incomplete.

The high-level steps are: install Clover, grab kexts from Maverick Yosemite as needed, clean up config.plist, generate a DSDT and patch for HD3000, generate SMBIOS entries for config.plist

Here's the detailed steps I followed to be successful:

1. Use UEFI BIOS
2. Use Clover v2999
3. Install clover for UEFI-only booting following Step 4 of this http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html
4. Put your required kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10. These are all available from Multibeast Yosemite
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

5. Start with the standard config.plist downloadable from the above guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ericks-using-clover-config.plist-standard.zip). Copy config.plist to EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

6. Make the following edits and validations to EFI/CLOVER/config.plist using Clover Configurator:
- ACPI - Uncheck everything, set DSDT Name to DSDT.aml
- BOOT - check verbose, check slide=0, check dart=0, check kext-dev-mode=1, set Default Boot Volume to your OSX volume name
- CPU - everything blank/unchecked
- Devices - Audio dropdown 1, everything else blank/unchecked, all Fake IDs 0x0
- Disable Drivers - Nothing
- Gui - Choose values you want for Clover Gui
- Graphics - check "Inject Intel", everything else unchecked/empty
- Kernel and Kext Patches - check Apple RTC, check Asus AICPUPM, check Kernel PM, everything else unchecked/blank, except the external icons patch
- Rt Variables - click calculate and copy generated ROM and MLB values to top ROM and MLB fields
- SMBIOS - use the Wizard to generate values for MacMini6,2
- System Parameters - "Inject Kexts" Detect, check Inject System ID
Export Configuation As ... EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

7. You need your system's DSDT file. You can generate by booting into Clover and pressing F4. All the generated files will be on the EFI partition in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin

8. Download MacIASL and open the generated EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml
9. Now we are patching in properties for the Intel HD 3000 so that OSX kexts will work for us. In MacIASL, click patch and enter this text and click apply, then click compile:

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
Return (Package()
{
"device-id", Buffer () { 0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 },
"hda-gfx", Buffer () { "onboard-1" },
"AAPL,snb-platform-id", Buffer () { 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00 }
})
}

10. In MacIASL, save the patched DSDT as ACPI Machine Language Binary to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

11. Reboot ... enjoy

On a Z68X-UD3H-B3 (bios U1L) system with igpu-only I tried to switch from chimera to clover. Everything seems to work fine, except graphics. The last step - patching DSDT.aml - does not work here. In MaciASL I open the DSDT residing in my EFI-partition, click on patch and paste the patch. The apply button is greyed out though, only open and close are fine. The status bar of the patch dialog says 1 Patch, 0 changes, 0 rejects. I don't seem to get any further. Maybe you guys can give me some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back