Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Success, mostly] GA-z68x-ud3h-b3, Samsung 830, i7 2600k

The Bluetooth devices worked during the ML install process and the wireless trackpad does now work in the UEFI BIOS, the wireless keyboard works at times but I can't figure out why sometimes it doesn't work.

I am using UEFI BIOS uh1
I prepared the Unibeast USB stick according to TMac's methods
Bought Mountain Lion from the App Store

1) Secure erased the SSD with Samsung's SSD Magician Software running under FreeDOS
2) Booted from unibeast, installed, no problems, wireless trackpad and keyboard worked fine.
3) booted from unibeast USB into newly created ML disk (Samsung 830 SSD)
4) Installed the DSDT FREE option in multibeast, edited .plist to "graphics enabler=no", restarted
5) Installed the No DSDT Audio solution for my board, 889 and HDA enabler, restarted
6) installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek network package, restarted
7) end installation

Now, it was not quite this easy. It took 4 hours or more because for some reason I could not get Multibeast to successfully install. That is why I installed step by step this last time and it worked. Each time it failed I couldn't boot back into the disk even from unibeast, so I had to start all over. Finally after it worked I noticed that just after a clean install networking worked oob, but after installing DSDT FREE solution from multibeast the networking stopped working and I had to install Lnx2Mac (no big deal, but I wonder why that happens.)

Another thing that is pretty annoying is that my monitor uses display port, but the new UEFI BIOS will not display anything over displayport, so I have to use my TV to configure the BIOS and chimera. F12 BIOS would display over both HDMI and Displayport, seems like a BIOS problem. I've tried changing the PEG setting in the BIOS, but no dice. If anyone knows how to get displayport working from the BIOS level that would be nice.

Sleep does not work, at least by manually activating it.
I don't know if USB 3.0 works as I have not installed the kext. It was halfway working with BIOS F12 in that it worked fine, but if you ejected the device then all the USB ports would no longer recognize a new device.
I'll test it later with the new kext.

Thnx TMac and crew. You are the best at this.

Could you describe more detailed what you did? I have the Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 and a i7-2600 (non K version) and a XFX 6870.
I know I need GraphicsEnabler=No because of my 6870, but does this then use the iGPU of my i7? Because my CPU has Intel HD 2000.

Could you describe more detailed what you did? I have the Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 and a i7-2600 (non K version) and a XFX 6870.
I know I need GraphicsEnabler=No because of my 6870, but does this then use the iGPU of my i7? Because my CPU has Intel HD 2000.

Different grfx cards will produce different results and I do not think that the 6870 is oob supported. I think you have to go into your bios and set the configuration to use integrated intel grfx, remove your 6870, install ML, then once you've done that and run Multibeast you can reinsert your 6870 (change BIOS back to dedicated grfx) and you should be OK.

I just followed the TonyMac Guide and my grfx card is supported OOB (GTX670)
Also, the AMD 5850 I have was supported OOB.

Graphics enabler=no is only for chameleon to know whether or not to force OS X to recognize your grfx card.
When you are installing without your 6870 you shouldn't need that line, but you may need to use that option in multi beast (Graphics enabler=yes) in order to get your 6870 to work.

Thank you for trying to help me, but I'm not new to this hackintosh thing and you did not even read my post and you answer me? :silent: :problem:
I can't use my integrated GPU, because it's HD 2000.

Who cares, i'll stay @ Lion. Thank you.

Thank you for trying to help me, but I'm not new to this hackintosh thing and you did not even read my post and you answer me? :silent: :problem:
I can't use my integrated GPU, because it's HD 2000.

Who cares, i'll stay @ Lion. Thank you.

whatever

Also this should be moved to the guides section, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back