1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
1. Unibeast - ok
2. on desktop I copied the extra folder from the USB stick onto the HD
3. multibeast 6.0.1 for non-DSDT audio ALC889
4. multibeast 7.0.0 for Chimera 4.0
5. Chameleon Wizard for a hardware fitting SMBios

reboot - all seems to be working, but surely, since it is not a Clover install, I have no iMessage/iCloud/AppStore

Please, since this was so easy, make a new filenvram possible, I do not want to mess with this system and spend hours to make it happen with Clover...

BTW - this board seems to have the SID bug as well, checked with "iMessage debug".

Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade? I followed Tonymac's upgrade instructions for an upgrade from Mavericks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

The unibeast install of yosemite over my existing Mavericks install said it was successful. When I restarted from the usb stick then tried to go to my drive at the chimera screen it stops at the apple logo screen with a progress bar that does nothing. I read I needed to remove the 3rd party SATA kext so I did that through my backup drive. Still no go after that. I tried using -x and -f as some users said they needed to do also and that gave me a kernel panic. Not sure what to try at this point.

I did a fresh install (actually now with further unsuccessful testing of different settings more than 5 fresh installs).
Killed the old install completely, meaning that during install I formatted even the MAC partition. Did so after my fist attempt to install over the existing one took quite some time (too much time).

My Maverics was working great, yet, I do want Yosemite :)

Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade? I followed Tonymac's upgrade instructions for an upgrade from Mavericks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

The unibeast install of yosemite over my existing Mavericks install said it was successful. When I restarted from the usb stick then tried to go to my drive at the chimera screen it stops at the apple logo screen with a progress bar that does nothing. I read I needed to remove the 3rd party SATA kext so I did that through my backup drive. Still no go after that. I tried using -x and -f as some users said they needed to do also and that gave me a kernel panic. Not sure what to try at this point.

I think, it would be best to start all over again. In my case it worked out by copying the extra folder (show all files in finder) into the new Yosemite install. The 6.0.1 Multibeast for ALC 889 sound and 7.0.0 Multibeast for the boot loader...

Last edited:
I think, it would be best to start all over again. In my case it worked out by copying the extra folder (show all files in finder) into the new Yosemite install. The 6.0.1 Multibeast for ALC 889 sound and 7.0.0 Multibeast for the boot loader...

I'll try copying the extra folder first. Would much rather not lose all of my files if I can avoid it. I'll let you know how it goes when I try this evening. Thanks

So I copied the extras folder from the unibeast drive and that helped, but then I got a FakeSMC kernel panic. That wasn't a big deal cause I just copied the FakeSMC from the unibeast too. Everything loaded up without any flags or anything. Just when I thought I was in the clear the next problem was everything was running really slow. I started multibeast and every time I clicked the mouse I would get the spinning rainbow wheel and it would take like 5 minutes before I could move the mouse or do anything again. I tried restarting a few times and it was the same results. So redownloaded Yosemite and unibeast and will try redoing my unibeast stick and reinstalling it again. I was way too close to redo the whole drive now.

Umpf, too sad! Maybe you should tryout clover - I did so very successfully.

I just followed the guide in Legacy Mode
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

but used an older version of clover 2747, since this one was giving me USB (finally). Maybe by doing so you can avoid a new install. When I had all the settings right (which was more more less no active check box but injecting ATI) I installed clover to my HD, copied the relevant kexts, config.plist and DSDT from my stick and deleted the extra folder from Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back