1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I finally upgraded the BIOS on my GA-Z68X-UD3h-B3 Mavericks build from F11 legacy to UEFI. It worked. Well, in fact, the system is up and running but I have no sound and no Internet. I used Multibeast to reinstall the drivers but it didn't work out.
I think I'll have to remove some old kexts but I have no idea which since I havent messed around with my settings since two years or so.

I also plan to switch to clover in the near future and update to Yosemity since some plugins require the newer OS to work. Does it make sense to fix all issues right now or should I switch to Clover first and how can I do that. I initially planned to make a clean install of Yosemity with clover and use the migration tool afterwards to get my programs running again. Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance

Tobsn

Hey Guys,

I finally upgraded the BIOS on my GA-Z68X-UD3h-B3 Mavericks build from F11 legacy to UEFI. It worked. Well, in fact, the system is up and running but I have no sound and no Internet. I used Multibeast to reinstall the drivers but it didn't work out.
I think I'll have to remove some old kexts but I have no idea which since I havent messed around with my settings since two years or so.

I also plan to switch to clover in the near future and update to Yosemity since some plugins require the newer OS to work. Does it make sense to fix all issues right now or should I switch to Clover first and how can I do that. I initially planned to make a clean install of Yosemity with clover and use the migration tool afterwards to get my programs running again. Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance

Tobsn

I wouldn't attempt to fix everything before upgrading the OS.
Perhaps you should try a Clover test install first :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/

Thanks for the advise. I'll try that later to see the results. What about the migrating part? I did that a couple of times with real Macs, but I'm not sure if it works with a Hackintosh. I definately need the applications and I dont wanna install everything new. I've always tried to keep my system disk as clean as possible and don't fill it up with data to only have the system and apps on this drive. Any advise on this? Will the migration tool work? Can it mess up my Clover system?

Thanks for the advise. I'll try that later to see the results. What about the migrating part? I did that a couple of times with real Macs, but I'm not sure if it works with a Hackintosh. I definately need the applications and I dont wanna install everything new. I've always tried to keep my system disk as clean as possible and don't fill it up with data to only have the system and apps on this drive. Any advise on this? Will the migration tool work? Can it mess up my Clover system?

It is sound practise to back up first.
No need to migrate anything - You can just install over the top of the existing installation and keep everything in place.
Did I mention that you should back up first ?

You mean I should switch to Clover in my working system? How do I do that and how do I get rid of Chimera and all the unwanted stuff? As far as I know, I can can do a "Mac like" OS upgrade to Yosemite once Clover is installed on my Mavericks system, is that right?

Since I use my Hackintosh for editing work, I back up my sytem on a regular basis. Also, I make a clone of my fully working system every time I make major changes. Good avise, but no need to worry, I've learned my lesson a few years ago ;)

You mean I should switch to Clover in my working system? How do I do that and how do I get rid of Chimera and all the unwanted stuff? As far as I know, I can can do a "Mac like" OS upgrade to Yosemite once Clover is installed on my Mavericks system, is that right?

Since I use my Hackintosh for editing work, I back up my sytem on a regular basis. Also, I make a clone of my fully working system every time I make major changes. Good avise, but no need to worry, I've learned my lesson a few years ago ;)

The Clover trial guide that I linked lets you try Clover without actually installing it on your hard drive.
If you do a complete install of the OS but don't format your hard drive then all of your apps etc are left in place.
There are numerous guides on the site for installing - Use the Search tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back