Contribute
Register

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i5 2500K (Dual) MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i5 2500K MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

OK, Thanks Jester.

I didn't take notes, but I did do exactly what was shown in the MB graphic on the link you provided. I also found another link to a similar build, but it uses our Z68 MB.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=36296 (Stork's 3rd build). His MB options are similar, but not exactly like the CustoMac Mini. I hope to understand why some day. I do understand now why taking notes specific to your build is critical.

So, what I think I know now is that MB adds kext files to the Extensions folder. So when you run MB a second time, you could add more kext files to that folder, but the only way to remove them is to actually go to that folder and do so. And you can add kext files there manually.

I know these are basic noob questions. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks.

Just an update...

Hackintosh is working well with 8 GB RAM, osx 10.7.0, HDMI from HD3000, analog audio is fine. Very stable - no crashes.

No QE though.

Not sure if there is a reason to update to 10.7.3. I've failed at that perhaps 20 times.

Wondering if I should buy a GPU for this. I would like to have an HDMI vid/aud out for HT. And would like to buy one of the oob cards and pay around $40. There are several of those listed and several discussed in Tony's list, but not sure whether they will work well with Lion.

Would also like to run iMovie, but that needs QE.

Thanks.

Update: All working fine now with HD3000. Unaware of any problems. I can run all software. Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread - the screen shots of MB finally got me through the 10.6.8 update process... cheers! Lion is downloading via the App Store now.

Can anyone post pictures of the BIOS settings? I have just updated the motherboard to the Z68X-UD3H-B3, but I can't install Lion yet - "Still waiting for Root Device" error keeps me from upgrading from 10.6.8.

I have the 10.6.8 running but loads very, very slow even with the SSD.

Help~!! :crazy:

thegr8john said:
Can anyone post pictures of the BIOS settings? I have just updated the motherboard to the Z68X-UD3H-B3, but I can't install Lion yet - "Still waiting for Root Device" error keeps me from upgrading from 10.6.8.

I have the 10.6.8 running but loads very, very slow even with the SSD.

Help~!! :crazy:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/06/upd ... -bios.html

thegr8john,
I have some boo-ti-ful pictures in my Zorro build description.

Seriously, the tonymacx86 iBoot+MultiBeast Guide has the pictures you need. The link is in my signature block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back