GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i5 2500K (Dual) MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i5 2500K MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

sinnetrb said:
Hi, I have a question,

Your signature says you have the GA-Z68A-UD3H-B3

However, the thread and the link you posted is for the Z68X

Which one do you have? B/c I'm looking at the two boards and trying to decide which to use. Thanks!

Thanks and I did not even notice that error! I have the Z68X which is the black colored motherboard. Now my signature will be edited. :oops:

I was on a two week vacation without Internet sorry for the delay. :p

Nice build Jester! Enjoy it! :D

denisberea said:
Nice build Jester! Enjoy it! :D

Thank you denisberea! :D

Jester, I have the exact same video card. I am running it without the injection kext, but my question is for you, what do you mean by it running 100% do your fans kick in under load on the card ???? I get QE/CE with just having graphicsenabled=yes and the 32bit option on dual monitors ... but I ran luxmark and didn't enjoy what I was seeing and the fans didn't run any faster to reduce the temps.... It seemed like it was increasing in temp too (since we really can't properly monitor vid card temps in a hackintosh) what did you notice differently by using the injector kexts???? just curious. Please let me know :)

onmyowncloud said:
Jester, I have the exact same video card. I am running it without the injection kext, but my question is for you, what do you mean by it running 100% do your fans kick in under load on the card ???? I get QE/CE with just having graphicsenabled=yes and the 32bit option on dual monitors ... but I ran luxmark and didn't enjoy what I was seeing and the fans didn't run any faster to reduce the temps.... It seemed like it was increasing in temp too (since we really can't properly monitor vid card temps in a hackintosh) what did you notice differently by using the injector kexts???? just curious. Please let me know :)

My card is pretty quiet and the only time the fans rev up and make noise is when I play app games. Majority of time it is the my case fan that makes all the noise in the case. The gfx card is really quiet doing normal operations on the hack, video editing, photos, music and everything just the exception when it comes to games. One time I thought the fans on the gfx card were not moving b/c I could not hear them but they work beautifully since it is double fan card.

Jester,

I have the same MB as yours w/ F10, but no video card. When I use the DSDT for the F10 mb, my Lion install no longer runs. I've done that 3 times now. I have learned to select EasyBeast and select just the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. Therefore I have network, but no audio and no HD video yet. But otherwise, I am pleased to say the system runs well.

By chance, have you tried to use the integrated graphics with the DSDT written for the MB? I am wondering if the DSDT was written with a PCIe grahpics card in mind rather than integrated graphics.

When Lion won't run, I reinstall Lion with the USB stick. I am using the Unibeast/multibeast Lion USB install, which works perfectly.

Thanks!

frankpc said:
Jester,

I have the same MB as yours w/ F10, but no video card. When I use the DSDT for the F10 mb, my Lion install no longer runs. I've done that 3 times now. I have learned to select EasyBeast and select just the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. Therefore I have network, but no audio and no HD video yet. But otherwise, I am pleased to say the system runs well.

By chance, have you tried to use the integrated graphics with the DSDT written for the MB? I am wondering if the DSDT was written with a PCIe grahpics card in mind rather than integrated graphics.

When Lion won't run, I reinstall Lion with the USB stick. I am using the Unibeast/multibeast Lion USB install, which works perfectly.

Thanks!

Did you choose options in MB like this here...

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412

Thanks Jester.

I did not follow that thread, but I will. Lion would no longer run. rBoot did not help. I removed a 4GB stick. So I have 4 GB left now. I am attempting to reinstall Lion from USB drive. The install is hanging for some reason. But when I get Lion going again, I will follow the thread you offered.

Thanks again.

Lion now starts up fine. Progress!

A couple of very basic questions... The thread seems to assume you will be upgrading directly to Lion from SL. I am using the Unibeast USB method for a fresh install. Is that OK?

The version of Lion I have is 10.7. Should I update the install to 10.7.3 directly, or should I update the USB stick to 10.7.3 and start fresh from there?

Finally, per your advice, I reinstalled 10.7 and used Multibeast in the UserDSDT mode with my F10 DSDT file and all of the settings shown on the page 1 graphic. Is there a way to recheck those options with Multibeast?

I appreciate your support and time with this Jester.

Frank

frankpc said:
Lion now starts up fine. Progress!

A couple of very basic questions... The thread seems to assume you will be upgrading directly to Lion from SL. I am using the Unibeast USB method for a fresh install. Is that OK?

The version of Lion I have is 10.7. Should I update the install to 10.7.3 directly, or should I update the USB stick to 10.7.3 and start fresh from there?

Finally, per your advice, I reinstalled 10.7 and used Multibeast in the UserDSDT mode with my F10 DSDT file and all of the settings shown on the page 1 graphic. Is there a way to recheck those options with Multibeast?

I appreciate your support and time with this Jester.

Frank

You can update Lion from 10.7 to 10.7.3 if you install Lion 10.7. No problem there.

Or you can use the current 10.7.3 download and install as well.

If you took notes on what options you installed w/MB then you can remove or add them from System/Library/Extensions folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back