Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Have just rebuilt my PC using the above MoBo and having heard about the Hackintosh phenomenon decided I'd give it a whirl, so just bought an extra 120GB SSD and a DVD copy of Snow Leopard to do so.

The GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 has had a number of problems with boot loops and memory speed issues, but I've finally got it working using the latest F11 BIOS. However, there isn't a DSDT for that BIOS available yet. Will using the F10 BIOS DSDT cause problems, or could someone clever enough to do so possibly write a new one for the F11 BIOS?

Thanks!

Olie

I run F11 with F10 DSDT it's fine. DSDT updates normally get done in large batches for lots of MOBO's so it's not uncommon to be a BIOS revision or two head of the release on here.

Not recommended trough.

But you can hack your own, it's easy when you know what to do (and macman documented his edits on his blog).

Flym4n said:
Not recommended trough.

I have been updating to latest BIOS and running the previous DSDT since BIOS F5 or F6 with no ill effect's so no reason not to imo.

Cheers guys. Just waiting on the new SSD, so will be building this weekend. Appreciate your help!

Olie

awsm said:
Flym4n said:
Not recommended trough.

I have been updating to latest BIOS and running the previous DSDT since BIOS F5 or F6 with no ill effect's so no reason not to imo.
Running with a different loaded DSDT than the DSDT you actually have in the bios might bring you trouble, depending of the differences between the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back