XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Gigabyte recently released a new UEFI BIOS update, U1E. The site doesn't list the changes, and I couldn't find any through Google. Does anyone know what changes were made with this update?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi all,

Gigabyte recently released a new UEFI BIOS update, U1E. The site doesn't list the changes, and I couldn't find any through Google. Does anyone know what changes were made with this update?

Thanks,
Mike

The previous versions of all of Gigabyte's Z68 UEFI BIOSes were listed as beta versions, and these new ones are not. So it is possible that the only changes are to remove beta status (though I doubt it).

At least for this board, U1D wasn't listed as beta. Not that I could see, anyway. It's just strange that besides for the name and upload date, the information is exactly the same.

I emailed them for clarification, but I have no idea if I'll hear back.

Well, here's my response from Gigabyte:

Dear Customer,

The UEFI bios adds an different interface to the bios GUI and adds support for the
multiplier unlock for the Ivy Bridge CPU

Maybe somewhere soon some information will pop up. I'd love it if we could get Gigabyte to add CPU PLL Overvoltage to the UEFI for these boards.

I just updated to U1E, and there really isn't too much of a difference. It has a new splash screen (shockingly simple), and a few extra features that don't seem all too relevant to Hacks.

Still no CPU PLL Overvoltage. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back