Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI U1b / i5-2500K / HD 3000 How to enable HDMI audio ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime z590-P
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I try to activate the HDMI audio on my motherboard GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI U1b / i5-2500K / Intel HD 3000.

I installed 10.8.0 then Mountain lion updated 10.8.1 by following this guide

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

I tried the DSDT file for the HDMI audio guide provided by the savestheday but it did not work for me. maybe I took it wrong?

I am new at this and if someone could guide me or help me accomplish this task it would be nice of him.

I tried to create a DSDT with DSDT Editor and patches on Olarilla but I still get errors.

Anyway I'm lost but I remain optimistic

Thank you in advance

Google translation

I tried to create a DSDT with DSDT Editor and patches on Olarilla but I still get errors.
A text file is not helpful. A zip of dsdt.aml is best or a dsdt.dsl (with errors) is OK. To zip in OS X, Finder/File/Compress.

Regarding the errors, after the compile, select Fix errors. The last error:
9908 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)

Edit: before
9908 Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")
Edit: after
9908 Name (_HID, "PNP0C15")

Ignore the Warnings and Remarks, that can be fixed later.

Hi,

I used DSDT editor to extract the DSDT (there was a DSDT.aml in Extra folder, the one provided by savetheday in the guide above), then I fixed the error "ABCDEFG" with "PNP0C15 "then I saved the file DSDT.aml (without error).

I tried this file, but I had a kernel panic so I booted with command = null DSDT and I restore the old.

I post the DSDT.aml in question, may be could you help me?

Thank you in advance

CrazyFr

I tried this file, but I had a kernel panic so I booted with command = null DSDT and I restore the old.
Verify you installed the dsdt.aml file and not the dsdt.dsl. I don't see any problems in the dsdt. It is the same dsdt as your system has been using. What caused the KP?

I have no idea, but apparently trying to reboot I no longer had kp (a file error certainly as you say).

Regarding the HDMI Audio is not recognized.

That you advise me to do? (because here I am in the dark)

Thank you in advance

Crazy Fr

A bit of reading and a good dose of patience and I should be arrived

here must be a first time for everything......

I posted a copy of IORegistry in case it can help?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

1) I followed the Read_me_first_ML_hdmi_audio_dsdt_edits_Award, obtained in the case HD3000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.

2) I tried to edit a copy of my DSDT.aml (without error) by adding the layout id "0x03, 0x00, ...." for onboard HD3000 & HDMI.

I think I managed to make this change but I have two error after compiling.

on "(ADR 0x ...", I'm not sure how to do so I did nothing to change this side.

3) I deleted in S / L / E: HDAEnabler889.kext

and in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
<key> Graphics Mode </ key>
* <string> 1920x1080x32 </ string>
* <key> GraphicsEnabler </ key>
* <string> Yes </ string>

I know I'm not very far, but then I do not know what to do for both file errors DSDT compile.

I post DSDT_HDMI_HD3000.dsl file (2 errors), if you'll take a look?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

1) I followed the Read_me_first_ML_hdmi_audio_dsdt_edits_Award, obtained in the case HD3000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.
UEFI is not an Award Bios. It is AMI. Use 2b. HD3000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. Start over with the native dsdt.

Ok I've realized looking at your last post (AMI not Award)

But before starting, I retried savetheday DSDT file of the guide which I installed with my OSX ML_10.8,

and having carefully checked that did not involvee error ("Error 9908 _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH) ")

with DSDT Editor.

After fixing the error, I replaced my DSDT.aml by it and verified that no files Enabler.kext HDA was in S / L / E.

Then I rebooted and the HDMI Audio was recognized.

That goal achieved

Thank you for your help Toleda, you are the best !!!

PS: Regarding the warnings & remarks, this is annoying or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back