Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 ML problem after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah okay thank you for your information, my last question is, do you have to install the HD3000?
or will it work automatically?

I got everything to work, except audio, i have the same motherboard. Did you try the Patched or non-dsdt AL889 ?

Thanks =)

Edit: I tried both Patched and non dsdt, when i boot a got a kernel panic =(

I had no issues with this motherboard at all actually. If you can try updating to the UEFI Bios. I don't even need DSDT anymore. It all works great after installing the audio and network kext.

how does sleep work?

Im thinking about updating to uefi

did you have to reinstall windows?

how does sleep work?

Im thinking about updating to uefi

did you have to reinstall windows?

No need to reinstall Windows but it may be different for you. It just took longer to boot since it was re-isntalling all the devices.

I just tried sleep and it works. I just hate how much the audio "pops" when turning on and off or coming back from sleep but it used to be the same with the old BIOS

Been there, done that, it was a disaster for me so I reverted back to the F10 BIOS. I'll try again when UEFI is out of beta and more people have done it.

What issues did you have? For me it eliminated a bunch of issues I had with USB. I had to keep unplugging and plugging them back in. Now I don't need any Kernel boot flags. It just works! :D

The boot.plist is:
/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
You can edit with a text editor to add lines. Or easier, download Chameleon Wizard, and it makes it dead simple.

If your drives don't show up right, you need "3rd Party SATA" not IOACHIBlockStorageInjector" installed in Multibeast.

If your audio doesn't work, you should need these KEXTs (assuming you haven't manually edited the DSDT, in which you wouldn't likely be asking):
ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, Non-DSDT HDAEnabler > ALC889

No need to reinstall Windows but it may be different for you. It just took longer to boot since it was re-isntalling all the devices.

I just tried sleep and it works. I just hate how much the audio "pops" when turning on and off or coming back from sleep but it used to be the same with the old BIOS

my audio doesnt pop anymore, there was a fix for that but now i think the fix isnt needed...

I think the UEFI is out of beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back