1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys

here my spec list:
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
i3 2105 with internal HD3000
4GB RAM

after upgrading my lion to ML it worked fine, just no sound and no graphic resolution to change.
so i installed the DSDT file via Multibeast, but after Reboot the screen hangs on the apple logo.
no chance to get in with GrahpicsEnabler oder PCIRootUID.
maybe someone can help me.
thanks

it´s connected via HDMI, after installing again i can enter ML but only with GraphicsEnabler=NO
i am gonna try other kexts, maybe it will work

And you don't have a graphics card in at all?

thats right i use the internal HD3000, but when i boot with -type GraphicsEnabler=No i can enter ML.
very strange :/

edit: same thing for the installer

I know this seems wierd, but try typing at boot:
Code:
Graphics Mode=1920x1080x32
. That's how I got my HD3000 recognized when I was using HDMI on my TV. Worth a shot.

just tried it but no luck.
i think i am going back to normal Lion, i have that strange feeling that we need new driver (dsdt) files to get ML perfectly running :(

I have the same problem after installing ML and Multibeast - white apple logo with spinning wheel and top half of the screen scrambled; however audio works if you have a keyboard with volume control.

I then booted with GE=No and Multibeast again this time setting the system definition to Macmini5,1, that solved the problem, now both DVI and HDMI work.

I have a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, which should be the same board just with bigger heatsinks.

I am successfully running ML with:

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
i5-2500k
HD3000 graphics

SMBIOS is MacMini 5,1

boot.plist has this for graphics flags:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

My guess is you need to set the SMBIOS to MacMini5,1.

is there a difference between, direct install ML from USB or install Lion first and than to ML from USB?
and how can i edit this boot.plist?
sorry for the questions, i am still not so familiar with this.
thanks

I had no issues with this motherboard at all actually. If you can try updating to the UEFI Bios. I don't even need DSDT anymore. It all works great after installing the audio and network kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back