Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Gigabyte mother Board: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB
Ram: 16GB

Thought I'd share my Multi-beast settings to those with similar motherboards. Yosemite seems to be running stable for me and hopefully it does for you.

What doesn't work: imessages
I don't have and iPhone or iPad so I can't test the "iFeatures"

Prerequisites:

1) Unplug WiFi card, and plug in LAN cable (this will make ethernet register 1st and make logging in the app store possible)

2) If testing on a partition, make sure Chimera is up to date.

3) Have Multi-beast for Mavericks handy (For Audio)

Follow the guide for Unibeast and the installation process.

Use the Multi-beast settings below, but DO NOT check the audio driver, using this driver for some reason causes audio not to function after waking from sleep and it also adds crap that is not necessary in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. So use the audio driver that is used in Multi-beast Mavericks edition.

I did not select GraphicsEnabler=yes since my graphics card is supported.

Use RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2 for your ethernet kext, NOT RealtekRTL811xx v0.0.90 kext. This motherboard has a RealtekRTL8111E ethernet port according to the manual (updated July 5, 2015 on OS X 10.10.3).

When completed, plug WiFi card back in. I had to plug it in when the system was on due to internet problems. (Its probably not the best thing to do)

Lastly, I tested my Tegra USB bluetooth and I can only send files to my phone, but not receive. Both ways worked in mavericks so there maybe something missing in Yosemite that Mavericks has????

Good Luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 3.09.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 3.09.40 PM.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 715
I was wondering if you had any luck with waking from sleep with this install? I have the same board but have a GT 640 as a graphics card. I followed your install and I'm having no luck with the computer waking up. I read somewhere else that using the power management kext might keep it from waking natively, so I was curious if you had any insight on this with your install?

Also any tweaks or insight you might have to share with running this board on Yosemite would be appreciated. I've had it for a few years and have found I've struggled keeping things fully functional.

Thanks for sharing. I have the same board. Copied your settings and I finally have it working now.

Sorry for the late response.

To answer your question Modsuperstar, no, I have not had any issues waking from sleep. Now I have noticed a difference in the way this computer wakes up from sleep when I have my bluetooth usb dongle inserted. It's a Targus bluetooth usb dongle I bought at Office Depot and it does work with the computer.

When the Bluetooth dongle is out, I have to wiggle the mouse and click the buttons or strike the keyboard a few times. When the usb dongle is plugged in the computer, it wakes up instantly when the mouse is wiggled. Hope this helps.

I am using the DCDT that is specific to this motherboard.

Ethernet Kext update/change......

I have been having some issues with the internet, but I think I have solved the problem as of the first week of July 2015.

The kext for the ethernet that I have been running according to the photo above is RealtekRTL811xx v0.0.90
The motherboard manual states that the Ethernet port is a RealtekRTL8111E

I have deleted the RealtekRTL811xx v0.0.90 kext, and installed the RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2

Internet and wifi have been working a lot better.

How do I change the audio_clover.command to use the audio_realtek110.command

Thanks for posting your process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back