RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been reading all day. And, am following the 'New Beginner's Guide' to create a mapping for my USB Ports. I have a USBports.kext that was working well until allowing the update to 11.6.2. (I do have a fallback backup just in case.)

I am at Step 2: And, the screenshot says it all. Hackintool just sees nothing to work with.

The old port mapping kext has been removed,and I have installed USBInjectAll.kext, and enabled XHCIPortLimit patch. Yes. I did snapshot the OC folder and updated the plist on the same volume.

I am including IOReg, EFI.zip, and screenshot along with a request for assistance.

Normally, I would look for an additional kext patch to match the controller address. But, there doesn't seem to be one for 8086:6ed. And, I do not know how to enter it into the plist manually.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 18.37.59.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 18.37.59.png
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • ReturnOfZee.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 54
  • ReturnOfZee - EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I have been reading all day. And, am following the 'New Beginner's Guide' to create a mapping for my USB Ports. I have a USBports.kext that was working well until allowing the update to 11.6.2. (I do have a fallback backup just in case.)

I am at Step 2: And, the screenshot says it all. Hackintool just sees nothing to work with.

The old port mapping kext has been removed,and I have installed USBInjectAll.kext, and enabled XHCIPortLimit patch. Yes. I did snapshot the OC folder and updated the plist on the same volume.

I am including IOReg, EFI.zip, and screenshot along with a request for assistance.

Normally, I would look for an additional kext patch to match the controller address. But, there doesn't seem to be one for 8086:6ed. And, I do not know how to enter it into the plist manually.
XHCIPortLimit is broken in Big Sur, best to do this in Catalina

XHCIPortLimit is broken in Big Sur, best to do this in Catalina
I have followed the guide here, as well as the OC guide to USB port mapping. Yet, neither tool (Hackintool or the terminal tool) shows any activity on USB ports with USBInjectall installed and XHCIportlimit set to true.

Are these tools broken in 10.15.7 as well?

I have followed the guide here, as well as the OC guide to USB port mapping. Yet, neither tool (Hackintool or the terminal tool) shows any activity on USB ports with USBInjectall installed and XHCIportlimit set to true.

Are these tools broken in 10.15.7 as well?
should work fine in Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back