Contribute
Register

GA-Z170x-UD5 TH - Clover Sierra - Post Installation (boot without USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello here :),

I start a new setup from scratch after successful installations with Yosemite.
This last weekend I tried to install Mac OS Sierra on a new computer, everything is ok for the first steps : bios settings, Sierra installation on my SSD.

I follow the post installation instructions on this link (it's the link include in the article on How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB . But after all of this, it's impossible for me to boot without the USB key containing all installations files. I tried the El Capitan Post-Install Tools , no success, I tried to copy paste manually differents files into my EFI partition, no success.

Does the installation of Sierra are different from the Public Beta version ?
Do you have an alternative to this method?

the hardware list :
Moto : GA-Z170x-UD5 TH
CPU: Core i7-6700K
Graphics: GeForce 950

Best,
Ky.

Last edited:

This last weekend I tried to install Mac OS Sierra on a new computer, everything is ok for the first steps : bios settings, Sierra installation on my SSD.

I follow the post installation instructions on this link (it's the link include in the article on How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB . But after all of this, it's impossible for me to boot without the USB key containing all installations files. I tried the El Capitan Post-Install Tools , no success, I tried to copy paste manually differents files into my EFI partition, no success.

Best,
Ky.

Whats happening when it boots? need more information.

Best,
Ky.
you need to install clover to the hard drive, a newer one than the one from el capitan post install

also setup your profile with your hardware

Whats happening when it boots? need more information.

Why i reboot without the USB key installer, i choose "boot Mac OS blabla" on the HFS, and after the system show this sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to install clover to the hard drive, a newer one than the one from el capitan post install

also setup your profile with your hardware

I did a clover install on my hard drive I think my problem is I choose wrong options, What's exactly the options I should check for the post installation of clover ? Also with the last version of clover, I set a hardware profile too (with clover configurator).

I did a clover install on my hard drive I think my problem is I choose wrong options, What's exactly the options I should check for the post installation of clover ? Also with the last version of clover, I set a hardware profile too (with clover configurator).
no idea because you haven't filled out you profile

no idea because you haven't filled out you profile

Sorry i edit my main post:
Moto : GA-Z170X-UD5 TH

Sorry i edit my main post:
Moto : GA-Z170X-UD5 TH

Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
install RC scripts on the target volume

you may also need OsxAptioFixDrv-64

also search for "GA-Z170X-UD5 TH hackintosh" and you may need to add a few other things

Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
install RC scripts on the target volume

you may also need OsxAptioFixDrv-64

also search for "GA-Z170X-UD5 TH mackintosh" and you may need to add a few other things

Thank you feartech I will try it

I just succeed the installation, I used the clover version is 3320 (include in the UEFI boot package)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back