Contribute
Register

GA-Z170X-UD5 | I7-6700 | updating from El Cap to Mojave at a Deadend

Status
Not open for further replies.
And get this system halt before I even get a chance to install the OS: "ACPI Error: 6 table load failures, 3 successful (20160930/tbxfload-342)" (see image below)
This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

Thanks for the reply, I do have quite a few fixes checked on the Acpi screen of Clover Configurator, as I was told to match cmn699's config screens.

I have checked:
  • FixLan
  • FixAirport
  • FixShutdown
  • FixRegions
  • FixRTC
  • AddPNLF
  • Also added DSDT patches find and replacing two HEX values.

I don't understand the purpose of any of these, are you recommending I delete them all?

Here's what both cmn699 and my ACPI screens look like:

Attachments

• 3.config.plist_ACPI-2.png
    3.config.plist_ACPI-2.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 43
Thanks for the reply, I do have quite a few fixes checked on the Acpi screen of Clover Configurator, as I was told to match cmn699's config screens.

I have checked:
  • FixLan
  • FixAirport
  • FixShutdown
  • FixRegions
  • FixRTC
  • AddPNLF
  • Also added DSDT patches find and replacing two HEX values.
I don't understand the purpose of any of these, are you recommending I delete them all?

Here's what both cmn699 and my ACPI screens look like:

View attachment 391537

View attachment 391539

• I was wondering why you decided to reinstall once you could successfully install with the the Radeon PCIE card you had about which I had concern.
  • Uploading only config.plist without the rest of CLOVER on which it depends to boot the disk along with BIOS options, is not the right way to ask for help.
  • That forces the readers assume that the the other important components of a successful boot have been configured flawless and we need to focus only on config.plist
  • If you have the latest Lilu+WhateverGreen+AppleALC+XHCIunsupportedkext and the most important FakeSMC.kext and your Ethernet kext in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and your drivers64UEFI have all needed files, I suggest the following as a trial from CBM screen by editing Options sub-menu(except Theme) as shown in the uploaded images .
  • I have uploaded my EFI_CLOVER FileTree on which the CBM Options rely for booting the disk using BIOS Options I have chosen for my GA-B150M_DS3H with Intel HD 530 connected to Acer Monitor using HDMI .

Attachments

• 1.EFI_Clover FileTree.png
    1.EFI_Clover FileTree.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1.CBM Icons Linux_Win10_Mojave14.3_Mojave Recovery.JPG
    1.CBM Icons Linux_Win10_Mojave14.3_Mojave Recovery.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 2.CBM _Options Boot Args.JPG
    2.CBM _Options Boot Args.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
  • 3.Gui Tuning _Themes.JPG
    3.Gui Tuning _Themes.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 4.ACPI Patching .JPG
    4.ACPI Patching .JPG
  • 5.ACPI Tables dropping.JPG
    5.ACPI Tables dropping.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 6.ACPI Drop_OEM_DSM.JPG
    6.ACPI Drop_OEM_DSM.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 7.ACPI_DSDT Fix mask-1.JPG
    7.ACPI_DSDT Fix mask-1.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 8.ACPI_DSDT Fix mask-2.JPG
    8.ACPI_DSDT Fix mask-2.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 9.ACPI_Custom DSDT.JPG
    9.ACPI_Custom DSDT.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 10.SMBIOS.JPG
    10.SMBIOS.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 11.PCI Devices.JPG
    11.PCI Devices.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 12.CPU Tuning.JPG
    12.CPU Tuning.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 43
  • 13.Graphics Injector.JPG
    13.Graphics Injector.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 14.Audio Tuning.JPG
    14.Audio Tuning.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
  • 15.Binaries Patching.JPG
    15.Binaries Patching.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 16.System Parameters..JPG
    16.System Parameters..JPG
  • 17.System Parameters_SIP.JPG
    17.System Parameters_SIP.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 1.AboutThisMac_Overview.png
    1.AboutThisMac_Overview.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 53
Uploading only config.plist without the rest of CLOVER on which it depends to boot the disk along with BIOS options, is not the right way to ask for help.

Ok, sorry about that, I'm doing my best to provide every detail I can. In the future with any post, I should upload my: config.plist, screenshots of every Clover Configurator screen and/or every Clover Boot Menu screen and also screenshots of all bios screens?

Ok, sorry about that, I'm doing my best to provide every detail I can. In the future with any post, I should upload my: config.plist, screenshots of every Clover Configurator screen and/or every Clover Boot Menu screen and also screenshots of all bios screens?

You can mount the EFI drag the EFI folder to desktop and right click then choose Compress. Up load the compressed folder instead of all the pictures. You can remove the themes folder before compressing it will save bandwidth.

A couple of things that you may want to check. Clover/Drivers64EFI folder remove CSM———- driver.
Also in clover boot menu under system preferences check the RT variables to see if you have 0x28, and the other 0x03FF for full SIP disable status.

Just an update for anyone that finds this in the future – I gave up on this build and I'm now attempting to get a hack working on High Sierra with a GTX 1060.

One tip for anybody running into this error - "ACPI Error: 6 table load failures, 3 successful (20160930/tbxfload-342)"

Turns out I had an issue with my USB install drive, so I wasn't actually updating the EFI partition with Clover changes – I had reformatted it, and tried to start the whole install process over at one point. In doing so, I never actually cleared out the EFI partition (clicking erase in Disk Utility doesn't do this). To remove a drive's EFI partition in Disk Utility, click on the "View" dropdown in the left corner and select "Show All Devices" . Once you do that you can select the drive and change the Scheme from GUID to Master Boot Parition and then back to GUID, and your EFI partition will be gone. There's probably also a much easier way to do this using diskutil in Terminal, but I couldn't figure that out.

Thanks again for all the help on this, sorry I wasn't able to get it figured out.

I suggest you try Opencore. It will take you some hours or maybe a day to carefully read up and go trough the setup process, but god damn, it is so much better. Im SO glad i ditched Clover!

However, you can probaly boot with almost a the default config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back