Contribute
Register

GA-Z170X-UD3 Audio Issues/Assistance Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing it wrong, I ignored PathMap and I was editing something else. However, I did all the guide point by point and when I injected kext after reboot I hadn't any sound :(. I rebuild the cache but I have no sound.

I was doing it wrong, I ignored PathMap and I was editing something else. However, I did all the guide point by point and when I injected kext after reboot I hadn't any sound :(. I rebuild the cache but I have no sound.
You have edit at least the portion that corresponds with your path map. Also checks permissions before rebuilding cache.

My problem was that I wasn't injecting realtekALC.kext correctly, I didin't know how to it and I tried just putting it to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and IT'S WORKING. But I don't have 5.1 Audio just 2.1. Is there any way I can output 5.1? just for movies and stuff like that

My problem was that I wasn't injecting realtekALC.kext correctly, I didin't know how to it and I tried just putting it to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and IT'S WORKING. But I don't have 5.1 Audio just 2.1. Is there any way I can output 5.1? just for movies and stuff like that
I am not sure about 5.1. Try kodi it is a video player. If you enable pass through you should get surround. I tried it on mine and I got 5.1 but no Dolby Digital or DTS.

how do I enable pass through?

Go to settings, something with system settings would be there, and in that there will be audio settings. You may have to scroll on the audio page to find pass through.

Thanks! I found the option in another place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back