Contribute
Register

Ga x99 ud4 successfully installed Sierra, but no audio, can't save boot flags, sip not fully disable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello tonymacx86

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12 and have gotten it to boot from hard drive. But there is no audio. How do I enable audio on 10.12. I tried using multibeast and installing alc1150, but it didn't work.

Also something weird is going on with clover. It is not saving my boot flags. Also I tried updating clover through clover configurator and it updated, but then when I changed it to the tonymacx86 theme it somehow downgraded to the older version. it's annoying because it doesn't boot every time and also have to type boot flags every time.

I think this problem has something to do with sip not fully being disabled. I can't see the "System" folder on my machd letting me know something is changed. Also there is no way to enable installing applications from unidentified developers unless I manually go into system preferences every time and allow it. I have a feeling this has to do with clover behaving strange since I am using clover configurator to change settings, maybe the application isn't installed correctly due to sip?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

for audio u can use voodoo audio driver 2.8.8 from that link http://voodoohda.sourceforge.net ... it worked for me ... all 1150 is not working on sierra.. for boot flag problem I didn't have any error but be sure you can load ur config file.. on sierra clover configurator can not mount efi partition unlike el capitan so use efi mounter v3 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/) to mount ur efi partition and double click ur config file and make ur changes...

Hello tonymacx86

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12 and have gotten it to boot from hard drive. But there is no audio. How do I enable audio on 10.12. I tried using multibeast and installing alc1150, but it didn't work.

Also something weird is going on with clover. It is not saving my boot flags. Also I tried updating clover through clover configurator and it updated, but then when I changed it to the tonymacx86 theme it somehow downgraded to the older version. it's annoying because it doesn't boot every time and also have to type boot flags every time.

I think this problem has something to do with sip not fully being disabled. I can't see the "System" folder on my machd letting me know something is changed. Also there is no way to enable installing applications from unidentified developers unless I manually go into system preferences every time and allow it. I have a feeling this has to do with clover behaving strange since I am using clover configurator to change settings, maybe the application isn't installed correctly due to sip?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Amazing coincidence! I did not even bother posting when something very similar happened to me with my UD4. I had a version 1.0 UD4 and I too found that Clover settings and config.plist kept reverting back. On top of that, the UD4 randomly decided to enable BIOS password lock all on it's own! You probably don't want to hear this, but I ended up buying a new GA-X99-Gaming 5P board and it works so much better than the POS UD4.. The board layout is almost identical except the USB 3.0 headers moved next to the ATX power connector. It literally took me 10 minutes to swap out the motherboard. My UD4 is headed to the electronics recycle bin.

Hello tonymacx86

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi malki
I don know do you remember me but I remember you because we both share the "nightmare of x99-ud4" :)
So don't listen to the "guru" (just joking) the x99-ud4 is "usable" with 10.12. I even managed to booth using 2 GPUs (but disabling the "not supported" 290x). So I strongly recommend to flash the BIOS to F22 and use the Test2-2016.efi patch
(do a CMOS reset after the bios flash to cleanup the memmap of MB). If you have issues I can "send you" the config I use (I had to delete AMD8000.kext because only in this way I have s good working 7850 as a secondary GPU). As for the audio - there is a new Voodoo HDA 2.8.9 (including config panel) and with it I can use my onboard audio to work perfect.

Good luck

for audio u can use voodoo audio driver 2.8.8 from that link http://voodoohda.sourceforge.net ... it worked for me ... all 1150 is not working on sierra.. for boot flag problem I didn't have any error but be sure you can load ur config file.. on sierra clover configurator can not mount efi partition unlike el capitan so use efi mounter v3 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/) to mount ur efi partition and double click ur config file and make ur changes...

Thanks! I think I figured out the boot flag problems! For some reason clover got installed to 2 hard drives so when I would make changes to my clover install it wouldn't register since it would boot from the other drive first! Completely wiped my osx hard drive only to find clover pop up and realized my mistake! Now I have OSX booting into Sierra and able to save the boot flags!

I tried Voodoohda but it don't work. It did but had static in the background so I'll try 2.8.9. Hopefully I can get it working, worse comes to worst I still have my usb audio device. Just tired of using it, I'd like to use the higher quality audio from my motherboard. Thanks!

Amazing coincidence! I did not even bother posting when something very similar happened to me with my UD4. I had a version 1.0 UD4 and I too found that Clover settings and config.plist kept reverting back. On top of that, the UD4 randomly decided to enable BIOS password lock all on it's own! You probably don't want to hear this, but I ended up buying a new GA-X99-Gaming 5P board and it works so much better than the POS UD4.. The board layout is almost identical except the USB 3.0 headers moved next to the ATX power connector. It literally took me 10 minutes to swap out the motherboard. My UD4 is headed to the electronics recycle bin.

That sucks! Do you have multiple drives? For some reason clover somehow installed to two drives! Found out when I completely wiped my osx install and it still popped up. Realized my mistake, removed clover, and now I have it working! But yes I agree x99 ud4 is not the best x99 board. I'll keep it for now. At least I know the issues. When I first bought the board It would not let me access the bios if any NTFS formatted drives were connected. Found a workaround though. I have a sata expansion pci e card I use, so I connected my 2 windows drives to that, and all was fixed. Bios updates may have fixed that issue though. I agree x99 ud4 has been buggy. lol. But overall system runs great and overclocks fine.

Hi malki
I don know do you remember me but I remember you because we both share the "nightmare of x99-ud4" :)
So don't listen to the "guru" (just joking) the x99-ud4 is "usable" with 10.12. I even managed to booth using 2 GPUs (but disabling the "not supported" 290x). So I strongly recommend to flash the BIOS to F22 and use the Test2-2016.efi patch
(do a CMOS reset after the bios flash to cleanup the memmap of MB). If you have issues I can "send you" the config I use (I had to delete AMD8000.kext because only in this way I have s good working 7850 as a secondary GPU). As for the audio - there is a new Voodoo HDA 2.8.9 (including config panel) and with it I can use my onboard audio to work perfect.

Good luck

Yes sunman I remember you of course. I remember all of you! I have f22. Thanks to your info I have successfully installed sierra now! It is booting! Looks like test2-2016 did the trick! Also I think it is running better than el capitan, overall seems smoother for some reason. Can't wait until some updates for 10.12 come out hopefully x99 system will be fully supported soon. I will try voodoo hda 2.8.9 where did you get the link?

Yes sunman I remember you of course. I remember all of you! I have f22. Thanks to your info I have successfully installed sierra now! It is booting! Looks like test2-2016 did the trick! Also I think it is running better than el capitan, overall seems smoother for some reason. Can't wait until some updates for 10.12 come out hopefully x99 system will be fully supported soon. I will try voodoo hda 2.8.9 where did you get the link?

Hi malki
I used this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/
Just first remove the old Voodoo if you installed it and then put the kext to the Clover partition (in this way you will have better control when to load it ;). For the Static sound from voodoo - I can say that it is completely solved (at least for the SPDIF optical) if you configure the connectors using the prefPanel - It is a little tricky but once configured I consider Voodoo one of the best "tools" for audio patch of unsupported audio chips

That sucks! Do you have multiple drives? For some reason clover somehow installed to two drives! Found out when I completely wiped my osx install and it still popped up. Realized my mistake, removed clover, and now I have it working! But yes I agree x99 ud4 is not the best x99 board. I'll keep it for now. At least I know the issues. When I first bought the board It would not let me access the bios if any NTFS formatted drives were connected. Found a workaround though. I have a sata expansion pci e card I use, so I connected my 2 windows drives to that, and all was fixed. Bios updates may have fixed that issue though. I agree x99 ud4 has been buggy. lol. But overall system runs great and overclocks fine.

I think the 1.1 version of the PCB fixed several issues, but in my case, I had a 1.0 and after I cleared CMOS, the password lock is still there. However, I just realized warranty is 3 years and not 2 so going to get this fixed and then put my UD4 up on eBay.

Hi malki
I used this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314406-voodoohda-289/
Just first remove the old Voodoo if you installed it and then put the kext to the Clover partition (in this way you will have better control when to load it ;). For the Static sound from voodoo - I can say that it is completely solved (at least for the SPDIF optical) if you configure the connectors using the prefPanel - It is a little tricky but once configured I consider Voodoo one of the best "tools" for audio patch of unsupported audio chips

Ok my audio went out so ill try that!

I think the 1.1 version of the PCB fixed several issues, but in my case, I had a 1.0 and after I cleared CMOS, the password lock is still there. However, I just realized warranty is 3 years and not 2 so going to get this fixed and then put my UD4 up on eBay.

I have 1.0 myself. At least theres a good warranty. Sorry to hear you had so many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back