Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would need urgent help.

My Custo-Mac freezes after wakeup from sleep. It seems that the USB-Boards do not work. No reaction to mouse or keyboard input via USB or Bluetooth.

I faced this problem in both Mavericks and Yosemite.
My ga-x79-up4 board has revision 1.1

Searching since two months for a solution. No way to get it work. No useful information nowhere that really works.

It might be USB related. Suggest that you have a look at the console logs to see what was happening at the time of the freezes. That may give you some clues as to where the freeze originates. Disconnect all USB devices (inc. printer USB flash drives & BT) other than Keyboard and mouse - repeat the experiment to see if you still have problems.

I solved my sleep issues on one build by not letting it sleep ever. Boot time is seconds I am happy to just switch it off, this is not the solution for everyone though. Another option is to use a custom DSDT to solve these issues if they are related to your motherboard hardware.

You might want to check to se if there is a UEFI/BIOS update available - some of the USB ones need Windows drivers updated before the UEFI/BIOS is updated.

Many thanks for the quick answer,

the problem is reported quite frequently in several forums although the built is exactly the one as proposed by Tonymacx. In fact I am really surprised that one is not able to find a proper solution since all ga-x79-up4 boards at least with revision 1.1 should be affected.

Anybody else some experience or solution?

Same here. It gets even worse for me, it's not freezing but entering a reboot loop and after 5 failed reboots the BIOS settings are restored enabling a PCI-E Mode which the graphics card does not handle and then it's all lost. I have to pull out the card, use an very old PCI Matrox to boot, change the BIOS setting and then add again the new graphics card.

The only solution seems to be to not use the latest high end graphics card. This fixes both the well known BIOS PCI-E problem and the wakeup failure. Luckily i'm not a graphics guy or gamer who needs high end cards.

But here is my TonyMacX advise:

DO NOT BUY A GA-X79-UP4 mainboard, i say do not buy any Gigabyte anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back