2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA-X79-UD5 & 3930k & GTX660ti - succesful

Hi,

I'm still struggling with my GA-X79-UD5 with GTX660ti system. CPU is a 3930k i7, Bios is 13f (I tried on 12 but that failed)

1. currently the system only boot with the -x npci=0x3000 option. I enabled that in Multibeast but still it does need to placed manual on start.
2. Sportlight search doesn't work. I tried a few fixes but it seem like some ktex file is broken.
3. The GTX 660ti seems to make troubles. When opening the osx launch pad the system freeze. Also graphic intense operation are slow. I installed the nvidia library of multibeast but it didn't change anything.

Yes not to much information, but I tried so much, installed the system 5 times, but still I can't find a solution.

Any help?

wow 24 hours later many views no answer...

Hi,

I'm still struggling with my GA-X79-UD5 with GTX660ti system. CPU is a 3930k i7, Bios is 13f (I tried on 12 but that failed)

1. currently the system only boot with the -x npci=0x3000 option. I enabled that in Multibeast but still it does need to placed manual on start.
2. Sportlight search doesn't work. I tried a few fixes but it seem like some ktex file is broken.
3. The GTX 660ti seems to make troubles. When opening the osx launch pad the system freeze. Also graphic intense operation are slow. I installed the nvidia library of multibeast but it didn't change anything.

Yes not to much information, but I tried so much, installed the system 5 times, but still I can't find a solution.

Any help?

Hi,

For 1. = did you add npci=0x3000 string in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?
For 3. = Probably a problem with qe\ci that is not enabled... You probably tested that, but did you put the GraphicsEnabler=No string in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist as i read that the gtx 600 series had to have this parameter.
Do you use a dsdt.aml?

I just bought the same hardware you have (GA-X79-UD5 (F12) & 3930k & GTX660ti (PNY)). It can't boot to start the installer with the F12 BIOS (tried all with GE=No/Yes PCIRootUID=0/1 and ncpi=0x3000/2000/1000). I'm gonna try the F13 BIOS like you. Which one did you upgraded to? F13g or F13i or F13m or F13p?

Ok I gave it another 2 hours testing.
Bios is 13f03 anyhow its displayed as 12 in the bios settings.
I used windows to update.. windows running without problems. (well it took a few tries as the bios was a problem to windows too, no lan etc).

On OsX I almost gave up. I tried a gtx560ti today that run perfect on another hackintosh. Sadly no difference.
Also setting flags in osx doesn't apply to the start. So without the option -x npci=0x3000 I don't get it to start.
But then Spotlight doesn't work, the graphics performance is weak and videos don't work at all.

So I guess its Bios related. Until someone post the ultimate Bios trick for that board we are lost.. save your time.
(oh and running the -v mode it stops loading the Bios settings.)

new version of multibeast 5.2 .. lets give it another try.

Mine is finally up.
GA-X79-UD5 & 3930k & PNY GTX660ti 2Gb
I followed this topic : http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ga-x79-ud5-4gb-ram-evga-geforce-gt-640-a.html

- First I upgraded my Bios to version : F13G (didn't find yours on gigabytes's website) It shows the F13g version in the bios. Not F12.
- I used unibeast and booted it with those parameters : GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 -v
- Installation finished
- I followed the "Installation Instructions:" and kexts in the post of Ziglen (thanks you so much Ziglen)
- I used multibeast 5.2

Everything is working. No graphic card issue, no freeze, perfect boot with kernel flags.
Just sleepEnabler wasn't working (black screen on resume) so i took another kext i have on a Z77-D3H and it's ok for manual suspend (not for pragramed suspend).

Next i have to make my ssd's raid 0...

sounds great. did you upgrade your bios using windows or how?

ok forget that I managed manual. Think that the beta was ignored in the last bios update and set it back to 12. Never trust a windows tool ;-)

will go your way and try again.

Yes, i ugraded my bios using windows. All was fine, showing F13G version in the BIOS.

Just a few things about my hardware :
- my gtx660 ti is plugged on the second pci-e port (i changed to test before and i didn't put it back on the first port as it works like this)
- i did my fisrt install with a 6gb SSD connected to SATA port 0 wich is a 6Gb one, no problem with that.
- my ssd raid0 (with two 256Gb vertex 4 disks) is up now and fully functionnal. Followed yo_mang's tutorial (thanks you yo_mang) and it was all good.
- Tested the pci-e wifi/BT card : none of it works out of the box ... I don't need any of them but wanted to test anyway.

Hope it helps...

Ok I think I read everything 3 times and did all from scratch.. thank god its working!

I have to add that in order to boot first time from I used the 'npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No' option, else it can't load (well I have to update my usb drive for that, I just forgot that one).

Cinebench is 37 Bps and CPU 11 (overclocked to 3.8 Ghz)

I just wonder why OpenCL is performing weak. Windows comes to 53 Bps. Well its general faster there, but not so much on my other 560ti...

Next steps are:
- 10.8.2 update - killer!!!
- get rid of the memory placement warning - fixed. Look in as admin!
- get more silent fans (I use water cooling but the 2 remaining fans are quite noisy.) -
- set the chimera boot loader to boot osx by default after 10 sec. - ok it takes 30 seconds.. how to get that faster?

GA-X79-UD5 & 3930k & GTX660ti - successful !

how to edit the titel of the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back