Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD7 + Mountain Lion Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you don't use DSDT, then ethernet is supported OOB. if you use the DSDT provided by this post, then you will need the "Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet" as seen in screenshot in the post.

also, if you used DSDT, then Drivers->Audio->Realtek->Without DSDT->ALC889 does not work. you will need the first voodoo option under Drivers->Audio->Realtek->Universal

The reason without DSDT ALC889 does not work with a DSDT is because installing it also installs HDAEnabler for ALC889. Voodoo is not needed - just delete the enabler kext.

I have a GA-X58A-UD7 F6 with Mountain Lion installed via unibeast. The system crashes randomly with the right DSDT i.e. F6. I changed to your DSDT, and it crashes less. When it crashes, mouse is still responsive, but graphic is all messed up and unresponsive. SSH still works, so I am able to remote reboot it when crash happens.

I'm wondering if you have encountered the same problem.

Cheers,
Jacks

edit:
I've flashed BIOS to the same version as you and system still crashes, see attachment

This sounds more like a graphic card related problem, maybe card going bad? I've had the same HD5770 card since I built this rig in winter of 2009/2010 and it has worked very well.

EDIT: I did have to ues a GT120 at the start because there were no drivers for the Sapphire. 10.6.7 update IIRC was when I actually put the HD5770 in the box, replacing the GT120.

Hi, i have same borad with bios f9a, install ML with DSDT-GA-X58A-UD7-F8.aml, and works fine, but not recognize 2tb hb formatted on NTFS in win7, and just show dvd r/w, i have bluray burner but some times appears and other no normally not appears do need some extras with Multibeast???? have tuxera ntfs for recognize other hd installed thanks for help

Don't think it would be possible to have the original patches around anywhere, so that I could attempt (and most likely fail) to create my own dsdt for bios revision F9 for this board? Less drivers required or less hacking thru the better, and reading from this system built by you, so seems to work nearly straight outta box. I am getting tired of windows as nothing seems to keep it content, not even my current hardware for a reason or other, I don't know, so want to try something different this time.

Specced computer is as follows (if it makes any difference, or if any trickery is needed, feedback is always appreciated)

GA-X58A-ud7 (rev1) board /w 12GB RAM
i7-980X cpu (6 cores physically)
XFX 5870 ATI Radeon GPU
Couple of DVD-RW's attached

PS. I looked at this SSDT (speedstep thingy) you had posted in original build thread, and it had cpu count to 7, but on my .dsl file, I can see it going all the way to value of F, I suppose this will be somewhat of a problem at least. (_PR.CPU0 up to _PR.CPUF)

Attachments

• ga-x58a-ud7-F9.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 143
Don't think it would be possible to have the original patches around anywhere, so that I could attempt (and most likely fail) to create my own dsdt for bios revision F9 for this board?
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559 for the basics on how-to
http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/minimal-dsdt-edits-for-gigabyte-socket.html for some specifics on minimal edits needed
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/ for some in depth looks at the DSDT and native power management. Just make sure you only do the ones that apply to the UD7, as there are several different X58 boards he covers. When done you will be able to use the Mac4.1 System definition without a KP sometimes caused by AppleTyMCE.kext.

Specced computer is as follows (if it makes any difference, or if any trickery is needed, feedback is always appreciated)

GA-X58A-ud7 (rev1) board /w 12GB RAM
i7-980X cpu (6 cores physically)
XFX 5870 ATI Radeon GPU
Couple of DVD-RW's attached

PS. I looked at this SSDT (speedstep thingy) you had posted in original build thread, and it had cpu count to 7, but on my .dsl file, I can see it going all the way to value of F, I suppose this will be somewhat of a problem at least. (_PR.CPU0 up to _PR.CPUF)
This is probably due to the 2 extra physical and 2 extra virtual cores you have on your hex core CPU than I have on my quad core.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, never copy from posted portions of a DSDT in a quote type box and paste it in yours - there is hidden text formatting that will screw things up bigtime if you do that. Learn where things go and how many spaces to indent and never use the tab key. Some people are lazy and use it, but the results are not always predictable. If you are going to copy and paste, do it from an actual DSDT opened in an editor.

Hello thanks for your post, quick question.

I have a GA-X58-UD7 REV. 2. How would I make the HDMI Edits in the DSDT?

Did you use a guide?

Thanks!

Kevlar

Wondering if you got your onboard USB 3.0 working? I think everything else is working for me except the USB 3.0.

My setup:
Running ML 10.8.2
GA-X58A-UD7 (1.0)
Core i7 920 2.83 Ghz
GeForce GTX 560Ti
16Gb HyperX RAM
120Gb Vertex 3 SSD
1Tb WD Black Sata3
Dual 23" Syncmasters

PS if I relocate my SSD to a SATA 3 port will that work as well? Currently on the Intel SATA 2 (blue ports).

Any help greatly appreciated. This is my first Mac build.

Thanks for this thread OP. My system is up and running and almost perfect. The only issue I'm having, and wondering if anyone else is having, is that when I transfer large files, the system freezes and I have to hard reboot it. I've been running snow leopard 10.6.8 for the longest time but upgraded my video card to a gtx 670 and decided to do a full clean install (not upgrade) with ML. I'm pretty sure I've had this same issue before on SL but don't remember how I fixed it.

Just wondering if any of you have had this same issue?

Thanks for any help.

Here are my specs (Used MB Mountain Lion edition):

i7 930 @4.0ghz
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 REV 1.0
10gb DDR3 PC1600
PNY GTX 670 2GB
128gb SSD (OSX)
180gb SSD (Win7)
20" Cinema Display

Hey there GB got a UD 7 rev 1 with an Apple 5870 which works out of the box & updates no prob which is great. It's been working really well for months at 10.8.2 but has a few issues, when I go to restart or shutdown the window dosent show p at all.... I have to terminal sudo shutdown -r now to restart or hard restart. Also when it starts up the mouse & keyboard isn't found or dosent get power & I have to change USB ports on the back of PC... Strange. I build mine ages ago & have updated Multibeast but do I have to do any updates in the Chameleon wizard or chose a different SMBios?
Let me know....
Cheers
Hugo

Mine is a rev 2.0 card with latest non beta BIOS, xdx ATI 6870 and one SSD (SanDisk) for ML, another regula 1 Tera HDD for users and data, another 500 Gig disk for W8 and another 1 Tera HDD for Time Machine. I boot with the Sandisk connected to the 6 Gig SATA port and with OC at 3.84 GHz I barely have time to see the spinning wheel at startup. Only thing that does not work at this time is the NEC USB 3.0 ports. Both internet ports do work. It is a fun rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back