GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy with my CustomBeast running Hackintosh, but the optical audio output only supports 2 channels.

Is there a method to enable all 8 audio streams.
Have read before, that Plex is working fine, but I need it to run Soundtrack Pro and Final Cut Pro in 5.1.

My configuration is:
GA-X58A-UD5 F6
i7 920
ENGTS250

Would be nice if there is a simple work around. Maybe Soundflower or combination of DSDT modification + VoodooHDA?

Greetz from Germany
Max

maxator said:
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy with my CustomBeast running Hackintosh, but the optical audio output only supports 2 channels.

Is there a method to enable all 8 audio streams.
Have read before, that Plex is working fine, but I need it to run Soundtrack Pro and Final Cut Pro in 5.1.

My configuration is:
GA-X58A-UD5 F6
i7 920
ENGTS250

Would be nice if there is a simple work around. Maybe Soundflower or combination of DSDT modification + VoodooHDA?

Greetz from Germany
Max
5.1 surround sound is application dependent. Does Soundtrack Pro and Final Cut Pro support 5.1 over?

MacMan said:
5.1 surround sound is application dependent. Does Soundtrack Pro and Final Cut Pro support 5.1 over?

Yep

Yeah Final Cut and Soundtrack support 5.1. And the optical output is able to output 8 channels.

Plex can force dts to the optical out and is working well with dts.

midisetupmenue.png

Now my "Digital Ausgang (integriert)" aka optical out has only 2 out channels.
Must have 6 at least. :)

Can I modify the DSDT file to reveal the missing channels in Audio-MIDI-Setup menue?

Greetz Max

P.S. The Matrox MXO 2 Mini have 8 channels over hdmi, but doesnt work well with sound, so I'm not able to use this output.

experiencing same problem... bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back