Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed MacMan's CustoMac guide using the DSDT for the UD3R, i also have the 5770 included in the guide as well. As have followed the iBoot Tony guide + MultiBeast 2.3, and then MacMan's follow-up twice now, and find myself asking if the issues are rooted in the DSDT...

Symtoms:
Slow Boot-Up - Sits on Verifying DMI for 10-15 seconds.
Graphics Hiccup - Screen goes Pimply, Blocks of Gray and Multi-Colored Craziness. (have been booting via -x, com.boot says i386 and graphics enabler "no")

I'm at a loss, and was curious if anyone else with this board has found the DSDT to work fine? or have any solutions that may help.

thank you kindly.

sleep said:
I followed MacMan's CustoMac guide using the DSDT for the UD3R, i also have the 5770 included in the guide as well. As have followed the iBoot Tony guide + MultiBeast 2.3, and then MacMan's follow-up twice now, and find myself asking if the issues are rooted in the DSDT...

Symtoms:
Graphics Hiccup - Screen goes Pimply, Blocks of Gray and Multi-Colored Craziness. (have been booting via -x, com.boot says i386 and graphics enabler "no")

I'm at a loss, and was curious if anyone else with this board has found the DSDT to work fine? or have any solutions that may help.

thank you kindly.
The symptom of "Slow Boot-Up - Sits on Verifying DMI for 10-15 seconds" has nothing to do with the DSDT. Verifying DMI is a function in the BIOS boot process.

Sounds like you have a hardware issue.

Also, please add system specifications to profile and/or signature.

thanks for the quick response, MacMan.

hardware issue pertaining to the Motherboard, or the Video card?

it boots up all the way to the point, it looks like it'll load into my desktop, and then the screen turns into the grey and colors.

i wonder if one of the aty_init is causing issue? it's a XFX 5770?

I re-installed from scratch again, and swapped to another PCI-Ex_16 lane, just for the hell of it...

and did your guide again, and find myself stuck at the same place. it boots, screen goes grey with all the colored spots right at the end... both DVI ports do it, as soon as i find my HDMI adapter, I will try that...

when i safe boot, about mac shows the Graphics 5700 in the graphics slot.

not sure what this all means...

MacMan said:
sleep said:

Symtoms:

thank you kindly.

The symptom of "Slow Boot-Up - Sits on Verifying DMI for 10-15 seconds" has nothing to do with the DSDT. Verifying DMI is a function in the BIOS boot process.

Sounds like you have a hardware issue.

Also, please add system specifications to profile and/or signature.

Go to bios - Boot priorities - set all to HD -no CD
you can always boot a CD with F 12

Bingo.

concerning your 5770 problems >go to insanelymac> Hd 5770 thread and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back